Fryatt To Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hull have signed a Winger/Striker from Man Utd so does that a rule out a move to Hull as well?

No one wants you, no one wants you, poor Matty Fryatt, you're in a stew, no one wants you no one wants you, cept for some of us, we still do...

When Macky started writing about midgets I thought I'd better stop reading. Thats not a subject for this forum. So I didn't even realise I'd made a typo. Apologies.

Mindset was the word. Well done you.

All gone a bit quiet, if the deadline was 5pm wouldn't we have known by now that he's going. I don't particularly want him to go as i think he could still be a good player for us, if he's up for fighting for his place. Could work well with Bednar i think. But, as others have said if he doesn't want to be here, bye.

Could've been a different story this season for him IMO if he hadn't have got sent off against Norwich after getting 2 goals. Waghorn has been much worse than Fryatt, but were not going to send him out because he has only just signed.

Also can anyone honestly say they would rather have Vassell than Fryatt at the moment? This one will come back to haunt us.

Couldn't agree more DD. This also coincided with the Thailand trip leaving MF at the bottom of the pecking order. IMO he could still do a job here but just doesn't look like he wants to. I believe he thinks he's better than he is.

*I apologise in advance to Macky for the more than 2 line post.*

I really find some fans' opinions on Fryatt to be difficult to understand. You're really judging a confidence striker as "not the same player" or "lacking effort" having not had a decent run of even 3 or 4 games in the side since January?! I think it may have something to do with people overrating the quality of the Championship. The Championship is a mediocre league with mediocre, defensive football. Fryatt is not a world beater, but the way some people talk about him being shit missing chances I think people expect too much of him. He gets into chances so many times more often than our other strikers, due to his exceptional off-the-ball positional skilsl and intelligence, he used to get into a one-on-one situation almost every game at his peak last season, often more than one, yet I hardly ever see any of our other strikers get in those positions. Championship players will not take all these chances, but he creates so many for himself and for others and that's why he will do the business for any Championship club imo. If he took his chances as much as some on here seem to want him to, he'd have left the Championship for bigger and better things a long time a go.

Why do people keep quoting this 1 in 2 as though anyone who scores less is not a good finisher? The Championship is a very defensive league, the top scorer in the Championship always scores far less than the top several scorers in Leagues 1 and 2 and often less than the top scorers in the Premiership despite the elague having less games. In fact, last season, even the top scorer in the Championship failed to score 1 in 2 and very often only the top scorer just scraped 1 in 2, that's how defensive the league is. 13 goals in 29 starts as Fryatt got last season is an excellent strike rate in the division, far more than it sounds compared to other divisions.

As Han said too, though, judging Fryatt solely on his goalscoring ratio when he was our top assiter last season despite missing a third of the season, is ridiculous. If anything I find his hold up play and his creativity to be a bigger asset than his goalscoring.

And someone earlier in the thread saying he's not the player he was after his injury?! It was hardly a career threathening injury, was Rooney not the player he was after his recent injury, was Torres? Of course not, they are/were sufferinging/suffered from poor form and confidence after beign out for a while, it doesn't mean after a run in the team they won't be the same players again (and they will).

Also, finally, I do think there is a lot of iconoclasm at play after the hype from his League One season, be it subconsciously or otherw*s*. As DD pointed out, Waghorn has been worse than Fryatt this season but hasn't taken anywhere near as much flack as Fryatt has.

Last edited:

I really find some fans' opinions on Fryatt to be difficult to understand. You're really judging a confidence striker as "not the same player" or "lacking effort" having not had a decent run of even 3 or 4 games in the side since January?! I think it may have something to do with people overrating the quality of the Championship. The Championship is a mediocre league with mediocre, defensive football. Fryatt is not a world beater, but the way some people talk about him being shit missing chances I think people expect too much of him. He gets into chances so many times more often than our other strikers, due to his exceptional off-the-ball positional skilsl and intelligence, he used to get into a one-on-one situation almost every game at his peak last season, often more than one, yet I hardly ever see any of our other strikers get in those positions. Championship players will not take all these chances, but he creates so many for himself and for others and that's why he will do the business for any Championship club imo. If he took his chances as much as some on here seem to want him to, he'd have left the Championship for bigger and better things a long time a go.

Why do people keep quoting this 1 in 2 as though anyone who scores less is not a good finisher? The Championship is a very defensive league, the top scorer in the Championship always scores far less than the top several scorers in Leagues 1 and 2 and often less than the top scorers in the Premiership despite the elague having less games. In fact, last season, even the top scorer in the Championship failed to score 1 in 2 and very often only the top scorer just scraped 1 in 2, that's how defensive the league is. 13 goals in 29 starts as Fryatt got last season is an excellent strike rate in the division, far more than it sounds compared to other divisions.

As Han said too, though, judging Fryatt solely on his goalscoring ratio when he was our top assiter last season despite missing a third of the season, is ridiculous. If anything I find his hold up play and his creativity to be a bigger asset than his goalscoring.

And someone earlier in the thread saying he's not the player he was after his injury?! It was hardly a career threathening injury, was Rooney not the player he was after his recent injury, was Torres? Of course not, they are/were sufferinging/suffered from poor form and confidence after beign out for a while, it doesn't mean after a run in the team they won't be the same players again (and they will).

Also, finally, I do think there is a lot of iconoclasm at play after the hype from his League One season, be it subconsciously or otherw*s*. As DD pointed out, Waghorn has been worse than Fryatt this season but hasn't taken anywhere near as much flack as Fryatt has.
Absolutely spot on, Prof. Fryatt is no doubt one of the better players at the club and I'd like to see him tried in our current lone striker role. Not only does he score goals and make goals with the sort of invention and technique that is generally lacking from our squad, but he's also surprisingly good at holding the ball up. If we're trying to play football and not hoofball, being able to hold the ball and bring others into play is more important than being a "big man who is good in the air", surely?

Get him back in the team, tell him he's the best player in the league and watch him regain his confidence and bang in the goals... :023:

Absolutely spot on, Prof. Fryatt is no doubt one of the better players at the club and I'd like to see him tried in our current lone striker role. Not only does he score goals and make goals with the sort of invention and technique that is generally lacking from our squad, but he's also surprisingly good at holding the ball up. If we're trying to play football and not hoofball, being able to hold the ball and bring others into play is more important than being a "big man who is good in the air", surely?

Get him back in the team, tell him he's the best player in the league and watch him regain his confidence and bang in the goals... :023:

Quite.

I suppose that all football forums inevitably cover the full range of opinions -and people are quite rightly entitled to them. But it shouldn't take too much judgement to work out that Fryatt isn't a Jimmy Greaves nor a Lineker...but he is our most proven and valuable goal scorer in recent seasons.

We're better off with him in the club - rather than scoring goals for others - and damaging our tenuous hopes of reaching the play-offs.

Why is Sven not playing him then, do you know something he doesn't? Do you not think SGE wouldn't know all of Fryatts past history with the club?
We are all just armchair fans, otherwise we would be earning thousands a week and sitting in Svens office instead.

Why is Sven not playing him then, do you know something he doesn't? Do you not think SGE wouldn't know all of Fryatts past history with the club?
We are all just armchair fans, otherw*s* we would be earning thousands a week and sitting in Svens office instead.

Sven seems to prefer strength to technique up top with the current formation. Strength is Fryatt's only downfall.

As I have said before, if we played 4-4-2 I would expect Fryatt the be in the team. Whenever Fryatt has come on recently it has been part of a front 2.

As I have said before, if we played 4-4-2 I would expect Fryatt the be in the team. Whenever Fryatt has come on recently it has been part of a front 2.
.....and been pretty useless as well. His heart doesn't seem to be in it. Still picking up his wages 'tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00