Lee Hendrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe my definition of swagger and arrogance is different to the dictionary, but ive never seen Hume play with it.

I admire Hume's commitment to the cause and he will always give 110% which makes him one of the more valuable players in the squad.

But hey, who cares, we won and played well, thats the main thing :)

Superb player on his day, as we are starting to see, my worry about him is his performances over the long term.

I seem to remember that MON let him leave AV because he would let his performance standard drop too often, after short periods of real quality, making him a 'luxury player'.

Maybe my definition of swagger and arrogance is different to the dictionary, but ive never seen Hume play with it.

I admire Hume's commitment to the cause and he will always give 110% which makes him one of the more valuable players in the squad.

But hey, who cares, we won and played well, thats the main thing :)

Indeed!

Its easy to jump to a conclusion but from what I have seen he is a 'must sign' in the summer if we are still in the Championship. I didnt go Saturday but he was excellent against Bristol City even if we couldnt fecking score.

Wonder what the Blades will want for him? Cant imagine that they will let him go for less than a million.

Its easy to jump to a conclusion but from what I have seen he is a 'must sign' in the summer if we are still in the Championship. I didnt go Saturday but he was excellent against Bristol City even if we couldnt fecking score.

Wonder what the Blades will want for him? Cant imagine that they will let him go for less than a million.

Lets not forget he was an outcast under Robson, now with Blackwell being in charge, and no doubt his performances wont go un-noticed, it's possible Blackwell might find a place for him. It would be nice to see Hendrie sign as this is the type of player the team has been lacking.

anyone notice his celebrations after we scored at WBA, i know some will say it was because he was playing against one of Villas main rivals but he did seem to really up for the match

Lets not forget he was an outcast under Robson, now with Blackwell being in charge, and no doubt his performances wont go un-noticed, it's possible Blackwell might find a place for him.

Was he really an outcast under Robson, or are you just trying to make out that it's nothing to do with our beloved Blackwell?

Hendrie played regularly in January, his last match was against Watford at the end of the month. Blackwell took over a couple of weeks later and didn't put Hendrie in the squad for the three games he had before Hendrie signed for us. So if Hendrie was an outcast there it was as much to do with Blackwell as it was with Robson.

They're paying him high wages and he's been crap for them all season. They may decide to let him go for nothing to save some money, rather than end up having to keep him and keep paying him, like we've had to do with so many players.

Was he really an outcast under Robson, or are you just trying to make out that it's nothing to do with our beloved Blackwell?

Hendrie played regularly in January, his last match was against Watford at the end of the month. Blackwell took over a couple of weeks later and didn't put Hendrie in the squad for the three games he had before Hendrie signed for us. So if Hendrie was an outcast there it was as much to do with Blackwell as it was with Robson.

Ok, wrong choice of words on my part, you could be rigt he may have been under performing and that's why he's with us, either way he's helping us and that suits me.

It seems to me that Hendrie's demise at Sheffield United was as much caused by his disciplinary record as anything else. After getting back into the side in early December, he was booked 5 times in only 324 minutes of football - work that out!! He was duly suspended for the next game and then played only another 45 minutes for the club - the first half of their game against Watford when he was substituted after what was described as a dismal performance.

I'm not aware of what any of those bookings were for, but I do know that there is often a very thin line between enthusiasm and over-enthusiasm/ill-discipline. People who were at West Brom on Saturday, whilst enjoying his swagger and arrogance will have noticed that he picked up a totally unnecessary yellow card for dissent in the closing minutes of the first-half. For his own sake, he needs to sort out this aspect of his game.

It seems to me that Hendrie's demise at Sheffield United was as much caused by his disciplinary record as anything else. After getting back into the side in early December, he was booked 5 times in only 324 minutes of football - work that out!! He was duly suspended for the next game and then played only another 45 minutes for the club - the first half of their game against Watford when he was substituted after what was described as a dismal performance.

I'm not aware of what any of those bookings were for, but I do know that there is often a very thin line between enthusiasm and over-enthusiasm/ill-discipline. People who were at West Brom on Saturday, whilst enjoying his swagger and arrogance will have noticed that he picked up a totally unnecessary yellow card for dissent in the closing minutes of the first-half. For his own sake, he needs to sort out this aspect of his game.

He has always been the same from what i can remember.

Its up to the manager to get the best out of the players and i can see that working here, Hendrie is been playing really well since IH brought him over, and even the likes to fryatt, stearman, mattock, NG, these guys are starting to play really well too.

I think you just have to accept the baggage that comes with Hendrie, its a love-hate thing. He has certainly made a difference but I guess we will always feel like its a fragile relationship because he is such an arsy little fecker. For now I like having him the team doing what he does, but I can't promise I always will. :icon_wink

Makes a change to have an under performing player arrive here and perform well. It's usually the other way round. Long may it continue. I hope his performances continue to be so impressive and he becomes a favourite. Might do the team some good to have a bit of swagger.

Continuing in the style of my previous posts today...he's the best keeper we've had since Simon Royle left for Fulham. Boc, you out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669