Leeds Home 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to mention, as a game it was horribly scrappy with little quality on show. Still mystified Schmeichel didn't get sent off and how Gallagher didn't get subbed off. Bednar did a job in actually chasing defenders down rather than Howard huff tactic.

I can only think the ref decided Vassell had pushed the ball too wide and it was no longer a goal-scoring opportunity - but that rule is totally random. Anyhoo I just love Gally's surreal penos, even if up to that point he was dreadful.

Poor defedning for both of their goals, first half was "Sousa football", lots of possession with no threat.
Thought the penalty we got was fortunate (Vassell wasn't gonna catch up with the ball)
King's was a brilliant strike (why don't we shoot more from outside the box)
Surprised that Bednar came on, but thought he was a lot better than in previous games, and thought he should have had a penalty.

Would've taken a draw before the game, and at 2 - 0 down, but can't help feeling they were there for the taking.

Well dpne Foxes giving us 2nd place again. Took care of Cov. They still hate you apparently. ;)

It's not a persecution complex, it's called justifiable indifference. If you and your "Blue" cohort can pull yourselves apart from your books and each other's bottoms long enough to look up all those big words you'll understand.

That said, I like 'cockend'. Your insults have grown a new syllable.

Whatever Syd's recent posts have been full of it is not "indifference".

I have a serious question. This one one of the rare home matches that I had to miss. The attendance was said to be over 30,000. As a season ticket holder would I have been counted as present. In other words is the attendance the number of tickets sold or the number of clocks at the turnstyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
is the attendance the number of tickets sold or the number of clocks at the turnstyle.

I asked the ticket bloke on my turnstile the time today and he didn't have a clue. I can only presume that the turnstiles no longer have clocks.

It's not a persecution complex, it's called justifiable indifference.

No syd. You've stated, several times, that you believe there is some sort of conspiracy against you and any other 'new' posters.
That's definitely a persecution complex and it is also complete bollocks.

If you and your "Blue" cohort can pull yourselves apart from your books and each other's bottoms long enough to look up all those big words you'll understand.

Me and my what now??? :102:
I know lots and lots of big words, thank you very much. Cucumber. Wheelbarrow. arsebiscuits. dangleberryclinker.

That said, I like 'cockend'.

That's nice for you syd and very honest of you. Nobody here will knock you for your sexual preference, we're very open like that.

Piss poor game all round, and lucky to come away with anything

They were very strong and closed us down extremely well. Once they scored we were totally feckin' clueless. Came out a bit better in the second half, but very low on quality all round.

Davies and Cunningham shaky. Howard and Gallagher absolutely awful

Hobbs ou8tstanding, and a feckin good job he was too. Vassell and King pretty good - everyone else average at best

King's goal worth the admission fee on its own, however

Piss poor game all round, and lucky to come away with anything

They were very strong and closed us down extremely well. Once they scored we were totally feckin' clueless. Came out a bit better in the second half, but very low on quality all round.

Davies and Cunningham shaky. Howard and Gallagher absolutely awful

Hobbs ou8tstanding, and a feckin good job he was too. Vassell and King pretty good - everyone else average at best

King's goal worth the admission fee on its own, however

Thank you Homer. That was the kind of information someone unable to get to the game needed

off the os

The City boss was full of praise for his captain, Andy King and the strike which earned the Foxes a point.

"That was worth the entrance fee alone. It was a beautiful, fantastic goal and if someone like Lionel Messi had scored the goal everyone would be talking about it day and night. Andy is a very good player and he is getting better and better."

:) gotta love the svenster .

Awful game and I don't think my feet will ever warm up.

I'm sure I'll get shot down for this but I really don't rate Abe. He had a couple of good games a few weeks ago but other than that he has contributed nothing. He is lightweight, gets knocked off of the ball far too much and his passing is nothing special. I really don't think he is much better than Oakley and that is saying something.

Just about thawed out.

Bit confused by some of our fans; the other week they were saying Weale is shit, today they decided to shout his name in the direction of Kirkland. :102:

For most of the game, it looked like (dirty cheating) men against (bottling) boys. I enjoyed the fact that this was Lids, and that eventually did fight back to get a point but had this been against a team I didn't dislike as much, I would have been a lot angrier.

Talking of young Gradel, credit to the lad for refusing to celebrate in front of the Kop. Respect Maxi :icon_cool

I said the same.

I have a serious question. This one one of the rare home matches that I had to miss. The attendance was said to be over 30,000. As a season ticket holder would I have been counted as present. In other words is the attendance the number of tickets sold or the number of clocks at the turnstyle.

I believe that it's tickets sold. I know that all STHs are included in the attendance, which I understand is for accounting purposes

For the inbreds among you, I don't wish to condescend. Loose clothing will comfortably disguise any limb which hangs a little bit lower than its counterpart. And this is from a man whose great-grandfather briefly worked in Earl Shilton.

I'd like to briefly tear you away from genetic snobbery and back to the game. I was convinced this set of players didn't have it in them to grind out results; was sure that Naughton, Davies, Vassell didn't feel the commitment to the cause to get what is - all told - a very decent point. Yet I thought the final half hour was excellent and proved they've learnt a thing or two from the Ipswich debacle. Smashing stuff.

Hey Syd, a serious question. Are you a homosexual?

Pretty awful first half. I couldn't work out what system (4-5-1, 4-4-2, 4-3-3??) we were playing and I don't think the team knew either. Plenty of possession but the Leeds midfield snuffed out any threat we posed. They looked as though they were set up for a draw, hoping to pinch something on the break, which is exactly what happened, Naughton slipped and let in Gradel. He slipped several times, wrong studs??
Towards the end of the 1st half moved to something closer to 4-4-2 with Abe playing wide right (is that really his best position?) but Howard and Vassell were still playing too far apart.
Same formation in the 2nd half. Was at the other end for their 2nd goal but it appeared to be sloppy defending, not closing down quickly enough.
Perked up with the subs. Dyer added a bit of pace, Bednar offered more movement than Howard (not that that was too difficult).
I'm still baffled why Schmeichel wasn't sent off, but the ref bottled it again later on when he refused a 2nd penalty. He could/should have given him a 2nd yellow for his antics before Gallagher took the pen.
Superb goal from King for the equaliser.
Draw was probably a fair result.
What this team needs more than anything is a leader on the field, to lead by example and show a bit of desire when the team needs livening up. We were playing far too slowly in the 1st half but nobody stepped up and tried to change it.

Lucky point in the end regardless of the stonewall penalty we should of had.

Hobbs man of the match,Cunningham worst game in a city shirt,and Naughton needs to change his boots.

Midfield second to everything,Vassell if anybody looked the only player capable of creating anything,Howard should revert back to impact sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566