Post Match Leicester 0 Nottingham Forest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked and Simon Cox has scored just 4 goals in the league in the past 12 months.

3 of those have came against us the jammy ****s!!

This has absolutely nothing to do with the penalty miss and absolutely everything to do with every other aspect of his performance: Nugent was SHIT!

We were utterly wank.

David Nugent is utterly wank and has been all season, his performance today was absolutely shambolic and how he wasnt taken off the pitch is beyond me.

I was totally let down by a truly poor encounter today, it was boring.

What a shame

I also thought we went down far too easy today - it was obvious from the beginning that the ref was having none of it but we still kept complaining...

Had Knockaert picked up an injury? Normally when he is substituted he applauds the fans and then comes off looking rather disappointed. Today there was no applause for the fans and he seemed to be pleased to get to the bench.

We got 69% of the possession and lost 2-0. This sums up the performance. In the middle of the pitch we were often very good but matches are won and lost in the penalty area. Any team that lets in two soft goals and misses a penalty deserves to lose.

Nugent is not a bad striker at this level but he does not have the quality needed for a side in the running for automatic promotion. Like many strikers he needs to work with a partner but Schlupp was totally ineffective. I am still not convinced about Taylor-Fletcher.

Fans around me were getting worked up about the referee. I thought he got some decisions wrong but there was a fair bit of diving by the Leicester players.

Fans were getting annoyed at Billy Davies who seemed to me to be just doing his job. Nigel also was criticised for being up in the stand. I have been reluctant to criticise this since it certainly did not harm recent performances. There is a strong case for having one of the management team up high which is where Steve Walsh Sr sits. But I feel the manager should be on the touchline. John Robertson once said he could feel the presence of Brian Clough from the other side of the pitch. Sir Alex and Jose Mourinho certainly believe managers should be on the touchline.

We were absolutely shit, they were marginally better than absolutely shit. End of game review.

We were absolutely shit, they were marginally better than absolutely shit. End of game review.

Imagine a front line of Cox and Nugent, that description would be ideal.

Wood needs to start away at ipswich, konc out for shlupp at left back. Would like the arsenal lad starting too, playing a 3 4 1 2 formation. Wesl, morgan, mig, Sclupp, moore, king, dyer, Knock, nug, wood. Kasp in goals.

Last edited:
Wood needs to start away at ipswich, konc out for shlupp at left back. Would like the arsenal lad starting too, playing a 3 4 1 2 formation. Wesl, morgan, mig, Sclupp, moore, king, dyer, Knock, nug, wood. Kasp in goals.
I might have had too much red wine tonight, or I might need some of what jas has had.

Last edited:

Knockaert won't be playing after picking up his 5th yellow card of the season, and will be banned at Ipswich.

Had Knockaert picked up an injury? Normally when he is substituted he applauds the fans and then comes off looking rather disappointed. Today there was no applause for the fans and he seemed to be pleased to get to the bench.

Probably thinking about his forthcoming suspension.

I now know that Knockaert was booked. From where I was sat it was difficult to tell who got the yellow card. Was it for a foul or dissent?

I would like to see a system, adopted whereby the loudspeaker announces who was booked just as they announce the goalscorer. This would avoid the kind of situation whereby Kasper got a yellow against Forest last year without realising he had been booked. Ideally of course the announcement might add colour "Booking for Knockaert - unable to control his temper." or "Booking for Marcion Wasilewski - the first of many to come"

I might have had too much red wine tonight, or I might need some of what jas has had.

I'll second that. He doesnt tend to read previous posts and just types what is spewing out of his mouth at the time.

I can certainly see a change in formation in the next game. Don't know who we can play on the right side of midfield if Knockaert is suspended.

Hard one to take that. Only one result but I think if we have serious aspirations for automatic promotion we can't afford bad days at the office like that.

Nugent is class but perhaps he has not been playing his best this season. Nearly 70% possession no chances converted. Pearson always goes with Nugent, time for a change maybe?

Hard one to take that. Only one result but I think if we have serious aspirations for automatic promotion we can't afford bad days at the office like that.

Nugent is class but perhaps he has not been playing his best this season. Nearly 70% possession no chances converted. Pearson always goes with Nugent, time for a change maybe?

The only other viable option yesterday was GTF really.

Last edited:
I now know that Knockaert was booked. From where I was sat it was difficult to tell who got the yellow card. Was it for a foul or dissent?

It was for dissent; he was guilty of encouraging the referee to sanction an opponent.

I would like to see a system, adopted whereby the loudspeaker announces who was booked just as they announce the goalscorer. This would avoid the kind of situation whereby Kasper got a yellow against Forest last year without realising he had been booked. Ideally of course the announcement might add colour "Booking for Knockaert - unable to control his temper." or "Booking for Marcion Wasilewski - the first of many to come"

Thank you for reminding me of this - an interesting antithesis to the situation that pertained in the same fixture this season where it seems that Kasper was the only one who knew he had been booked, with spectators and the whole of the media having missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669