Post Match Leicester 0 Sheffield Wednesday 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was complete toss

Players out of position
Players who appear to have forgotten how to pass, tackle or simply control a ball
A manager who appears to be tactically inept in every way

Seriously, what the feck was going on, because I couldn't figure it out ?

Garbage, Pearson, you clueless arrogant, hopeless prick

Good players in January do not become bad players by March.

They clearly lack confidence and passun - no one chases the opposition down, they are given too much time.

Any shot is snapped at and goes hopelessly wide.

These to me all seem to be signs of no motivation from the manager. No one wants to get stuck in and fight.

What sort of shambles is it when your best defender, midfielder and striker are called Wes Morgan?

That was complete toss

Players out of position
Players who appear to have forgotten how to pass, tackle or simply control a ballA manager who appears to be tactically inept in every way

How the feck is that Pearson's fault?

Something just doesn't seem right... We have slumped dramatically.

But it's not the first alarming slump in form we've seen this season is it? We've had two or three before now.

It was a very sad sight this afternoon. A team utterly lost and uninspired. But for the enthusiasm and impetus from Schmeichel, Morgan and Nugent, it could well have been 0-4. But even those players were far from blameless. Nugent was very lucky not to be red carded for a high studs challenge when on a yellow card. Morgan fouled their forward when one on one and could easily have been red carded for it. And Schmeichel petulantly booted the ball into Lita that went into the goal perfectly legitimately. I was amazed that it wasn't allowed.

Overall, playing two strikers on the left side of defence/midfield wasn't the smartest move and I felt for both of them. Drinkwater and Marshall competed for most cringe-worthy, spineless, gutless man of the match. Both are horribly out of form. Why we choose to persist with Marshall taking all set pieces when he seems too scared to pass the ball, let alone cross it, is totally beyond me.

All in all, it's a horror show at the moment and whatever your view of NP, you have to admit that he isn't the most likely candidate to create confidence in the team. After his appalling, and typically pig-headed, rant on Tuesday, he was far more contrite today. Maybe he knows that his flush has truly been busted.

In terms of the managers' position, I'd happily have ditched him at Xmas as I made clear. Now it's probably too late to be effective. However, in the context of his sacking in the summer being a formality anyway, do we really have anything to lose by doing it now? Why not ditch him in the hope that someone can inspire a little 'umph' from our rudderless shower of a team. Stranger things have happened.

The owners were there today along with some senior Thai military people. Perhaps they're preparing for a coup. After the game, our Chief Exec appeared to be in tears whilst drawing on a crafty fag. £100m spent and for what exactly?

It has all gone very badly wrong. I have nothing positive to say about that display. It really was abject.

He can go, as far as I'm concerned. On balance I think he has been a good thing for the club over the course of his two spells but I've lost all faith that he can ever get us out of this league. I'm not sure if there's anybody I'd back to get us up this season should he be sacked tomorrow but neither do I think we have anything to lose by doing so.

Last edited:
To add to that, I think today might have been a bit of a turning point for many fans. When I leave the ground after a defeat there is usually a bit of moaning about he performance. But today there was a lot of muttering about Pearson having to go. That's all any of the conversations I head were about ans a few were getting pretty exercised about it. Patience is wearing thin. The moment he loses the fans he is finished.

Nothing happened to it. It was only ever a meaningless phrase with no relation to reality

Yep maybe meaningless, but there was a time when teams knew they had only beaten us when the final whistle went, sadly they now know that we are beaten as soon as they take the lead. I give up when we go a goal down, there appears to be too much inevitability about proceedings. Oh well time to hit the bottle...again.

Yep maybe meaningless, but there was a time when teams knew they had only beaten us when the final whistle went, sadly they now know that we are beaten as soon as they take the lead. I give up when we go a goal down, there appears to be too much inevitability about proceedings. Oh well time to hit the bottle...again.

To be fair - and I may have blue tinted spectacles on, I recall exactly that we were always difficult to beat even when we were behind. It is a long time ago but rooster Russell was renowned for late goals as was Walsh (Arsenal at home dear god!), we seemed to battle and fight more.

Later on under O'Neill we always seemed capable of grinding out a result from adversity. Now we just roll over.

I don't know why this is but I do know I don't like it.

We were always the underdogs and that always seemed to suit us, so maybe this has something to do with it?

We were always the underdogs and that always seemed to suit us, so maybe this has something to do with it?

I'd agree with that. I think there have been too many games where we have not coped very well when the expectation levels have been higher. In this current woeful run we have dropped lots of points against teams that we surely would of hoped to do much better against.
Dont be surprised if we get a good result against Cardiff. That would sum up life as a Leicester fan.

That was complete toss

Players out of position
Players who appear to have forgotten how to pass, tackle or simply control a ball
A manager who appears to be tactically inept in every way

what a star couldn't put it better myself

Dave Jones is a decent Championship manager, tactically aware eg sensing they could beat us he takes off his left back and puts on a striker. We needed to win, did NP gamble? nah just did the norm, swap wingers, If we had a strong experienced central midfielder in our squad i would swap managers and hope someone like Atkins could get some results from a good enough squad, however i dont think our squad is good enough and i think as NP has done a reasonable job with the club he will talk his way into staying till the summer. Our position is not disasterous (our fate is still in our own hands), yet my belief that NP can halt this slide is fast dissappearing

We could be out of the play-offs next Saturday. We've well and truly ****ed this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669