Leicester 2 Swansea 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth I thought Waghorn and N'Guesson looked very good together, however I though Wellens, particularly in the first half, looked nervous on the ball, took too long to pass and often got tackled by a guy coming around him. Dyer also pulled too far into the middle in the first half and didn't attempt much on the wing. It will be a very hard decision for Pearson for his midfield next game, based on today I wouldn't be at all disapointed if he started with:

Adams Wellend Oakley N'Guessen

I am a big fan of King's, but today he was anonymous, and I think this season he may have to take a step back and use the games he has as a learning curve, rather than being a regular starter.

Clearly? :102::102: I guess i needed my eyes testing for virtually the entirity of last season then.

Agreed it was only one game, but he was clearly more talented than almost anyone else on the pitch. I would love to see him as a full time Leicester player, but it won't happen. He'll go back to Sunderland as a premiership player.

I am a big fan of King's, but today he was anonymous, and I think this season he may have to take a step back and use the games he has as a learning curve, rather than being a regular starter.
Bloody right - I'd hate one of the most outstanding performers of last season (and a player who made a load of English Premiership talent look wank in the two U21 games) let it get to his head.

It was blazingly obvious after seeing him for 45 minutes that he is so out of place in the Championship. Forty five minutes where he proved he was not up to speed.

I think, like you, we should make an example of him.

Nail him to the big Lineker picture outside the ground. That'll learn him. The bastard.

Stupid decision to start with Fryatt, who clearly isn't even a quarter fit, let alone half fit. Crazy.

I maintain it was a good idea. Foggy and N'Guessen were eased in in the second half - if they'd both started I think we would probably have lost today.

very exciting stuff. wish i could've been there today rather then at the New England Revolution LA Galaxy game-it was like watching league 1 footy again (though Landon Donovan did score an outstanding volley). Did chuckle at the stick Beckham was getting though.

Swansea you've been Waghorned!

Of course, because everyone would take a poxy 2m for a player at 19 who's clearly got that much quality :icon_roll:icon_roll

How much did deplh sell for recntly again?

How much are we selling that good young english prospect Mattock for? :icon_roll

Last edited by a moderator:
Great second half boys. Waggy could be key but I am worried about the loan arrangement, after 28 days he can be recalled by his club if they need him ! New FA ruling this season for youth players apparently.

in that case if he peforms in next 2-3 games I would buy him with the mattock money to secure him.

Nigel Pearson won this game.
Firstly, the signings he has made all look great.
Secondly, his substitutions today turned the game.

Fryatt was probably not fully match fit and King was doing OK I thought.
But the subs were brilliant. N'Guessan looks a great signing and already I wish we could sign Waghorn. He looks the business.

Dyer was playing well but running out of steam and Adams looked to have improved so much and was very good.

Well done Nigel.

We can beat Ipswich early on before Keane gets to improve things.

agreed.

So many managers refuse to make changes until 75-80 minutes onwards. Usually its always too late to be effective. Pearson has balls and will change something if required, and if it upsets a player he doesnt give a **** which I agree with.

His signings all also seem to be quality, I am trying to think of someone he signed who has been useless.

It seems I was right as well that we needed to bring a striker in, if we didnt we probably would have played fryatt for the whole 90 minutes.

King.....well I'm sorry. but he looked very lightweight against a medicore opposition. Moving Oakley back into the middle to bring N'Guessan on(and Waghorn for Fryatt) were both very positive moves by Pearson, and from the kickoff the composure of the side looked more upbeat.

King is ****ing shit, and if NP continues to play him you can kiss good bye to promotion.
His name was hardly mentioned in the 1st half, he's an elusive midfielder and not an ounce good enough for this level.

I wouldn't say we were 'shocking' first half. They defo looked very nervous out there and didn't push forward much, and cos they weren't creating owt the front two were not much use! Swansea weren't that much better either though.

Right decision to sub both Fryatt and King, Fryatt isn't matchfit and King.....well I'm sorry. but he looked very lightweight against a medicore opposition. Moving Oakley back into the middle to bring N'Guessan on(and Waghorn for Fryatt) were both very positive moves by Pearson, and from the kickoff the composure of the side looked more upbeat.
Couldn't agree more. Some of the moaning that I heard during the first half of the game was unwarranted. All we lacked was pace and "a clue" up front, and all credit to Pearson, he made the changes.

Did you see that woman in the green top in the Swansea end after the game? She wasn't a happy bunny! :icon_lol:

Oh yeah, Swansea have got to be the biggest bunch of over rated bellends i've seen us play in a long time. The hype surrounding them about them playing nice football actually had me slightly worried, but they were crap. Time wasting, diving, whinging arseholes.
When a team goes a goal up, and starts time wasting, you know that they've come here for the 1-0. I was so pleased that this time we managed to score; the last time that we were in this division, we were unable to break teams down who used this tactic. The fact that we could have won by 3 or 4 was even more pleasing!!

Though thinks look good after 1 game...we have to remember we played a team that had 3 key players out and there topscorer sold.

Our next 2 games will indicate what we are really upagainst in ipswich and newcastle.

As for andy king we have to feel a little sorry for him as that midfield unit was never going to work,and he was made the scapegoat

We had no pace,so it made thinks damn hard for us to create anything.

If oakley had have gone off and king stopped on i am pretty sure we would have seen a different display from him.

So to be blunt i think a few on here are being quite harsh on the lad!

For what it's worth I thought Waghorn and N'Guesson looked very good together, however I though Wellens, particularly in the first half, looked nervous on the ball, took too long to pass and often got tackled by a guy coming around him. Dyer also pulled too far into the middle in the first half and didn't attempt much on the wing.

I know exactly what you mean, N'Guessan gave us much more width and I think Oakley, Wellens and Dyer benefited from it because it stretched the game, meaning Dyer had more space in particular on the left.

Last edited:
Waghorn was absolutely immense, I understand why Pearson didn't start him, it would've been a gamble to drop him straight in, but when he came on he was incredible. He has the best attributes of Howard and Fryatt - pace, power, positioning, awareness, toughness - absolutely brilliant. If he carries on like this then I'd be all for using the Mattock money to buy him.

The last player we recruited on loan and then bought quickly because he made a very good early impression was Elvis Hammond.

Although I agree that he was great yesterday, one swallow does not make a summer.

However, I do have to wonder what the hell Andy King thought he was doing today. He was a total passenger. I do hope he was ill or injured because if he thinks that sort of 45 mins is acceptable at this level, he's going to find himself sinking down the pecking order very fast.

:038:

First half ... Wellens was poor

Glad I wasn't the only one who saw that.

Now to try and stop myself considering Ipswich at £31.

Go on, do it.

Never seen such a one sided half.

Milan v Liverpool, Champions League final 2005. Both halves...

Let's see how he does without the huge sums of money that he had at Sunderland.

Well we're not going to find that out while he's at Ipswich are we?

Totally disagree, i think Morrison had a good game, he made 3 or 4 crucial interceptions and set up a guilt edge goalscoring opportunity.

:018: Gilt-edged.

And Morrison was pish first half.

Clearly? :102::102: I guess i needed my eyes testing for virtually the entirity of last season then.

FF was, erm, clearly talking about Waghorn.

How much are we selling that good young english prospect Mattock for? :icon_roll

Good young prospect... who's out of contract, wants to leave and is inferior to at least one other left back on our books. £2m sounds good business.

in that case if he peforms in next 2-3 games I would buy him with the mattock money to secure him.

I remember the last time we rashly turned a loan into a permanent transfer almost immediately. Wasn't Elvis Hammond a good signing?

Our next 2 games will indicate what we are really upagainst in ipswich and newcastle.

Our next two games are Macclesfield and Ipswich, then we've got Sheffield United and Barnsley, then possibly a Carling Cup second round match before we play Newcastle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670