Pre Match Leicester City V Charlton Athletic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am amazed that his farcical approach to that penalty continues to this day in his general attitude.

It is a deluded and frankly arrogant attitude and stinks of a stuburn idiot who is incapable of learning from his mistakes.

If he himself cannot distinguish the difference between his and Waghorns subsequent miss then he really is made for his role as a footballer.

I am amazed that his farcical approach to that penalty continues to this day in his general attitude.

It is a deluded and frankly arrogant attitude and stinks of a stuburn idiot who is incapable of learning from his mistakes.

If he himself cannot distinguish the difference between his and Waghorns subsequent miss then he really is made for his role as a footballer.

Wow, he fecked up, Waghorn fecked up, so feckin what. Get over it.

As an aside, who would you rather have up front at the moment, Kermy or Waggy (if Woody or Nugey aren't available :))

Waghorn's effort was equally as unintelligent. All three penalties before his and Kermorgant's were excellent. Kermo tried a daft chip and then Waghorn hit a poor penalty right next to the keeper.

Ditto. I was as pished off as anyone else that evening and had to drink more ale in Cardiff after the game to calm me down ( as if I needed any more! ). It's a game, not life or death, as much as we all invest our emotions in it. I'm sure there will be times in the future when I'm equally hacked off with our team, that comes with supporting a club that, guess what, will sometimes lose however much I will them not too. However, hopefully there will be good times too, you never know.

Correct.

My team for Tuesday

Peggy
Kenton
Brevett
Morgan
Hazell
N'Guessan
Jarrett
Hellings
Stewart
Blake
Sappleton

Have that Mark Bright
Mine would be:

Neil Lennon
Iwan Roberts
David Speedie

Gary Megson

Last edited:
Correct.

My team for Tuesday

Peggy
Kenton
Brevett
Morgan
Hazell
N'Guessan
Jarrett
Hellings
Stewart
Blake
Sappleton

Have that Mark Bright

Good team but I would have found space for Danny Thomas at left back.

Yep, he fecked up, but seems incapable of realising this and doesn't understand why Waghorn get's the same treatment, I mean really.

Waghorn's effort was equally as unintelligent. All three penalties before his and Kermorgant's were excellent. Kermo tried a daft chip and then Waghorn hit a poor penalty right next to the keeper.

There is a big difference between Waghorns unintelligent penalty and Yann's arrogant excuse of a penalty, the two do not compare.

Also I never said it was life or death, I am commenting on a football forum about an element of football, Yann cannot understand why he is treated one way and Waghorn isn't, I am merely saying I think he's a fool if he cannot work out the differences.

Yep, he fecked up, but seems incapable of realising this and doesn't understand why Waghorn get's the same treatment, I mean really.

There is a big difference between Waghorns unintelligent penalty and Yann's arrogant excuse of a penalty, the two do not compare.

Also I never said it was life or death, I am commenting on a football forum about an element of football, Yann cannot understand why he is treated one way and Waghorn isn't, I am merely saying I think he's a fool if he cannot work out the differences.

Well, I can't work out any difference either.

A lot of pish and piddle is spoken about penalties. There was nothing wrong with his penalty that night except for the fact that the keeper saved it. That can also be said for a lot of penalties. The only real 'crime' with penalties is missing the target and he didn't do that.

I've never understood why we took the defeat out on him when the mind-numbingly stupid tactics employed in the home leg were far more responsible.

I've never understood why we took the defeat out on him when the mind-numbingly stupid tactics employed in the home leg were far more responsible.

No one reason is to blame, both played a huge part.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we're going to start judging players on penalties then Gallagher would be our best player by a mile so it probably isn't the best benchmark to judge a player's whole game.

Yes it was a mistake, but he hardly did it deliberately and has since proved he is a capable player. I'll probably be one of the few that will clap him if his name is read out tomorrow.

Well, I can't work out any difference either.

A lot of pish and piddle is spoken about penalties. There was nothing wrong with his penalty that night except for the fact that the keeper saved it. That can also be said for a lot of penalties. The only real 'crime' with penalties is missing the target and he didn't do that.

There was everything wrong with that penalty, it was absolutely dreadful. He was unfortunate not to get away with it where others have done in the past, but to suggest it was a reasonable penalty is being kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566