Let's NOT start the Witch Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
we will never know if we dont give him or someone else of his stature a chance
the key is a chance :icon_wink

but surely you need something RECENT to go on and not look at his record from 5+ years ago :102:

I agree about the team bit - and am not defending MM here.

Not many managers actually negotiate T&C's anymore though, so whether MA thought it was worth it or not is irrelevant....

Also, does anyone know whether MM said he couldn't still spend it on said LB, LW & AM aswell as JFH......?

great point :038:

Also, does anyone know whether MM said he couldn't still spend it on said LB, LW & AM aswell as JFH......?

The budget isn't unlimited, the manager will want to spend whatever that budget is the way he thinks will benefit the team the most effective way. No point blowing a big part of it on someone the manager doesn't think will be good enough - unless it's done just to sell a few season tickets and shirts, and so the chairman can get on TV again.

The budget isn't unlimited, the manager will want to spend whatever that budget is the way he thinks will benefit the team the most effective way. No point blowing a big part of it on someone the manager doesn't think will be good enough - unless it's done just to sell a few season tickets and shirts, and so the chairman can get on TV again.

Again, I agree.....I can't defend the indefensible....!

But - it's his (MM's) money and only he will truly know what amount he'd be willing to part with.
Only guessing, but I'd imagine we've got 2 budgets: 1 for MM, and 1 for MA....:icon_bigg

There is no doubt that JFH could score goals in this league. But that doesn't excite me half as much as getting players in and around DJ Campbell and the like to get the goals for the next 5 years.

There is no doubt that JFH could score goals in this league. But that doesn't excite me half as much as getting players in and around DJ Campbell and the like to get the goals for the next 5 years.
mms got a 3 year plan, we are 2 games into that plan.............

yes. but hindsight is a lovely thing

So you don't think it's a good idea to learn from history then?

We've signed players in the past who had at one time been quality players who would have been first choice at most Premiership teams, and they turned out to be bad signings. But you think we should jump at the chance to sign someone who's just had a crap season and can't get another club.

We've signed players in the past who had at one time been quality players who would have been first choice at most Premiership teams, and they turned out to be bad signings. But you think we should jump at the chance to sign someone who's just had a crap season and can't get another club.

Got to agree with you there Jeff

jeff you are contradicting yourself.

you said earlier you would agree to what the management do regarding signings.
its not me jumping to sign him it was mm by the sound of it. im just saying i would like to see him here.

its obvious a few people on this thread disagree withh mms intentions.its his money and his club, do we support him or not :102:

A win is a win, I could not give a flying feck how we got the win. I would rather play crap and win, than play great football and lose.
I could watch crap football like last night week in week out if we won the matches, I would still go home happy.

What I dont want is crap matches and losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669