Do You want Martin Allen as the Leicester City Manager

• Yes i do

Votes: 65 67.7%
  • No i dont - State answer below

Votes: 31 32.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Allen is on a par with Ince, done an average job in lower leagues but not proven themselves.

He has reached the play offs in everyone of the last 3 seasons, ince has just managed to avoid relegation in one season, how those two achievements are on a par i will never know.

Looking at it objectively.
Allen has never failed to get a side into the play offs - only being let down by being at clubs with no budget. The job he did at brentford has been shown to be great if you look at the subsequent demise of the club since his departure.
He will bring Izale Mcleod with him, who is a better striker than we've got if all reports are to be believed.
He also has good connections at West Ham, who will be having a right old fire sale in the close season. And he is a passionate man, unlike perma tanned dullards Micky 'i could get Man United relegated' Adams and Peter 'Page Seven Fella' Taylor.

Bring him on give him 4 or 5 million and we'll be a much better side than any Leicester side of the past 4 seasons.

If he's given the budget and backing to do the job he also needs 30,000 fans in the Walkers to make his job easier.

I do not think Milan is going to give Allen £4 or 5 million this summer. He will probably go with higher wage packages loaded with performance incentives and save on the transfer fees.

He has reached the play offs in everyone of the last 3 seasons, ince has just managed to avoid relegation in one season, how those two achievements are on a par i will never know.

Ok put it another way Allen has failed to be promoted for 3 seasons in a row and Ince took Macclesfield from the bottom of the division to safety.

If Allen is appointed manager then I will support him but IMO he is the wrong choice and if he becomes manager I will give him a season and a half before fans are wanting him sacked.

he'll have to give him something in the way of budget. We've already been down the highly paid mercenary route (howey, keown, ferdinand, freund etc) and it didn't work. He needs to make modest (750,000k ish) investments to give a spine back to our team that has been missing for years.
you can't get that on short term, high wage contracts.

Allen would do well if he got the job, the poll says he has got 70% of leicester city fans backing from TB, so its not a bad start

Ok put it another way Allen has failed to be promoted for 3 seasons in a row and Ince took Macclesfield from the bottom of the division to safety.

If Allen is appointed manager then I will support him but IMO he is the wrong choice and if he becomes manager I will give him a season and a half before fans are wanting him sacked.

What a typical leicester fan way of thinking, glass half empty or what.

Has anyone noticed that 'Martine Allen' is the closest manager to 'Martin O'neill', by name, in the league. A mere two letters different. This surely makes him the best gramatical choice for the job.
People might even be able to re use some of the old wembley flags, just rearrange the O'Neill slightly,

Martin's Allen's Barmy Army

Kelly had more fans than that backing him when he was given the job.
kelly was a fecker tho ;)

i dont know what all the paul ince shite is about, he got a team to suvive relegation in league 2, league fecking 2, rob kelly got a team to suvive relegation in the championship last seaon, its only because of his name Paul ince, you cannot compare paul ince to Martin Allen, Allen has more experience in management then Ince,

Last edited:
Martin! not Martine, that's his sister.

That's a ridiculous thing to predict... So you can predict that after 2 seasons, Allen will get the sack? If he's that bad a choice then surely after six months of next season he would get the boot, not wait until a year and a half down the line :icon_roll

i voted no basically because i believe there are better choices to be had, he may prove to be a great manager for us ( thats if he actually comes) but imo warnock would be a better bet.

he'll have to give him something in the way of budget. We've already been down the highly paid mercenary route (howey, keown, ferdinand, freund etc) and it didn't work. He needs to make modest (750,000k ish) investments to give a spine back to our team that has been missing for years.
you can't get that on short term, high wage contracts.

These days - with or without Mandaric - 750,000 is not a "modest" investment for Leicester City.

I go with the view that Mandaric will spend little on transfers and use his limited resources on loans/ frees with biggish wages.

I don't think this is the right appointment - but hope for the best. Certainly, he will attempt to sort out those with poor attitudes. But whether he will combine all that stuff with tactical knowledge and good judgement on bringing in players remains to be seen

Get him in along with mcleod...would prefer coleman though..1st choice would be davies...

I put yes I do. I'm really quite indifferent although I will admit I'd prefer him to Warnock. If he gets us results I won't really care what style of football he has the team playing.

The more I think about this, the less I like it. Really poor appointment IMO. MM sounds like he has given him the job based on an interviews. I'm really really scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566