Mattock To WBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it's true though, he does have a better chance of promothion with them than us.

I still think it's true though, he does have a better chance of promothion with them than us.

Be careful what you say Beighton, I know what happens if you suggest another team is better then Leicester :icon_eek:

"A deal worth just over £1 million" - sounds like we've been shafted there, what with the ridiculous money other young English prospects are selling for at the moment.

"A deal worth just over £1 million" - sounds like we've been shafted there, what with the ridiculous money other young English prospects are selling for at the moment.

It could be £1.75M with loads of add ons for appearances, promotion, England Caps (Don't laugh) and a percentage of any further transfer fee. That could take it to a reasonable figure.

If I was MM I would not want the market to know we have made loads of cash from the Mattock sale as it would affect the price of anyone else we were after (and would WBA management want the fans to know how much of their parachute money they had blown on Mattock?). It could all be PR.

I think you will find hes gone for the right price.

Massively overated imo.

They are no doubt better than him currently. Why does it matter anyway? It doesn't affect my life in any way however much he went for.

Ilike the bit were he quoted,i watched the newcastle v west brom game at the weekend,ithought it was good game between 2 'premiership' clubs.

Have i missed something there,the last time i looked they were in the championship....or is it a pop at us?

Ilike the bit were he quoted,i watched the newcastle v west brom game at the weekend,ithought it was good game between 2 'premiership' clubs.

Have i missed something there,the last time i looked they were in the championship....or is it a pop at us?

People are desperate to see reasons to hate him. All he is saying is the same any player says when they go to a new club, some here are just too sensitive.

I think he is just blagging a football excuse instead of being honest and saying 'I jumped ship for the money!'

People are desperate to see reasons to hate him. All he is saying is the same any player says when they go to a new club, some here are just too sensitive.

Or embarassed that they kept on talking about he was a leicester lad and wouldnt leave the club because he is a fan.

He is a greedy twat and he only went for the money, however if you were a footballer I suppose you would do the same, I will give him stick when he comes down here this year but for god sake stop talking about he is gone and we are better off after it Berner and Powell are more than capable replacements.

Or embarassed that they kept on talking about he was a leicester lad and wouldnt leave the club because he is a fan.

Which to be fair is a total load of steaming bullshit and anyone believing it should question their own mental state.

I think he is just blagging a football excuse instead of being honest and saying 'I jumped ship for the money!'

I wonder if his conscience was pricked about the big signing on fee he recieved from us for his loyalty when he put pen to paper on his last contract.

I wonder if his conscience was pricked about the big signing on fee he recieved from us for his loyalty when he put pen to paper on his last contract.

Did he get a signing on fee then?

Players leaving to better themselves is understandable. However, if he was that good a real Premiership club would have come for him. For him to praise hisd new club is also understandable. However, for the attitude he has shown has been deplorable. Even if he had some quarrel with Pearson or Shakespeare he presumably owes a lot to people like Joh Rudkin who will have helped him when he was in the youth squad. Any young footballer owers a lot to the people who have coached him over the years and it is sad when they cannot be bothered to acknowledge this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566