Milan Mandaric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agreed.

In fact, is there anyone on here who did boo? If so, why?

I shook my head in disbelief a couple of times. How do you feel about that?

When Ashley Cole hands the opposition a goal, not through lack of ability but simply that he can't be bothered to look what he's doing, we rightly boo.

To be fair, the way Cole has carried on in the last few years people were waiting for any excuse to have a go at him. The fact that the odious little toad (IMHO of course) made a footballing error simply gave them their chance.

Equally as obsurd as the argument it claims against. We aren't arguing fans should have aplauded or clapped. Just leaving would have been enough. I don't even have such a huge problem with booing at full time, but to boo at half time, and boo Howards name when the team is read out is where the main problems are in this whole thing.

Do you think the players enjoy not winning? Whether they have passion for the team or not, they wouldn't be professionals if they didn't have determination and a winning mentality, it hurts them to lose, and I do know a few professionals.

If you feel justified in booing then go ahead, but don't expect us all to agree with you and don't be naive enough to think it doesn't have any effect to what happens on the pitch.

IMO if you boo before the game or at half time (or even at full time after a draw whilst a win away from the top two) then you get exactly what you deserve with inept, unconfident performances.

No doubt you'll disagree with another rambling grumble but as I said, it's just my opinion.

I agree.

I don't think you can underestimate the affect a player with confidence and looking forward to playing in front of there own fans can have on there performance.

I agree.

I don't think you can underestimate the affect a player with confidence and looking forward to playing in front of there own fans can have on there performance.

I have no doubt that Fryatt and probably Dyer would have scored those chances had they been away from home.

This is really starting to wind me up now.

What the feck is wrong with booing?

Theres something wrong with it when your team sits near the top of the table with a game in hand off the back of a truly excellent start to the season.

How dare professional people be so pathetic as to claim to fall apart from being boo'd.

I'm not aware of when this was ever spoken of.

Does that answer your question as to why people boo?

Not entirely.

Booing is a massive contradiction in itself, If you want to be complete ****ing Moron (I use the term literally) then go a head.

Some of the views in this thread are very bizzare; there are people saying they want success for the team and that they boo if they do not get it, however I was never aware that booing would turn arround the fortunes of the team on the pitch.

The fact that people think our current form/possition is boo worthy is stark raving mad, and I would go as far to say the culprits need putting away in a padded cell where they cannot do any harm to themselves or others.

Absolute muppets.

Some of the points are spot on. Certainly this statement IMO should not have came from Mandaric. It's alienating the support and he's bypassing the very reason people watch football. The majority of folk go for the crack and the football is just an ingredient of their day. For me, England's different..... you expect a certain level. You don't really expect excellence from a team trying to win promotion from the third tier with players who have no real track record of winning leagues left, right and centre and the average age in the early twenties.

This is really starting to wind me up now.

What the feck is wrong with booing?

As Mastercard would say :

Booing an opposition player - superb

Booing a referee's decision - fair enough

Booing Dennis Wise - lovely stuff

Booing your own team who sits 4th in the league after going on a 8 game unbeaten run - ****ing moronic.

For being a **** there's booing, for everything else there's Mastercard.

Some of the points are spot on. Certainly this statement IMO should not have came from Mandaric. It's alienating the support and he's bypassing the very reason people watch football. The majority of folk go for the crack and the football is just an ingredient of their day. For me, England's different..... you expect a certain level. You don't really expect excellence from a team trying to win promotion from the third tier with players who have no real track record of winning leagues left, right and centre and the average age in the early twenties.

Why do we expect this from them though? England have won nothing in recent history, and haven't even looked closed to really.

As Mastercard would say :

Booing an opposition player - superb

Booing a referee's decision - fair enough

Booing Dennis Wise - lovely stuff

Booing your own team who sits 4th in the league after going on a 8 game unbeaten run - ****ing moronic.

For being a **** there's booing, for everything else there's Mastercard.

Superb :icon_lol:

All of the games at The Walkers will be shit this season. Every team that comes here will stick 11 men behind the ball and try to stop us from playing.

Whilst I take your point, I certainly didn't think NTFC stuck 11 behind the ball on Saturday. I actually thought - and saw - their confidence grew after 20/30 mins when they realised we were there for the taking....

I personally believe you shouldn't boo your own players full stop. I would never ever do that, sure if we are being raped 5-0 at home by Yeovil I wouldn't be best happy but your own team is pointless, you don't really gain anything from it, your team evidantly doesn't gain anything from it. The only people that stand to gain from booing your own player's are the opponents. We should be booing the opposition every time they pass the ball, make it an intimidating place to visit and put the willies up teams before they even set foot on the pitch. Instead we give them a boost, it's no wonder we've been so poor at home for such a long time.

Okay, I'll humour you.

I'm a Business/Performance Analyst for a large Public Sector organisation.

And the relevance of that is?

Ah. I'm liking your voice of experience. Workers in the public sector must perform better when they're booed. I shall try this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669