Moronic footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.
All players should stop doing interviews unless they are paid for them. I am no fan of Rooney or Man U but a two match ban is ****ing ridiculous. :icon_roll

Harry Redknapp's comments on this were interesting - along the lines of why do young footballers have to be so angry, considering they earn thousands of pounds a week.

Rooney acts like a spoilt brat.

Harry Redknapp's comments on this were interesting - along the lines of why do young footballers have to be so angry, considering they earn thousands of pounds a week.

Rooney acts like a spoilt brat.

Did he say whether or not his son smashed it?

Not find it slightly rich of Harry to take the moral high ground when it was his son involved in the 'banter' that led to the two twats being sacked?

The :icon_roll was because I hate the term you have used...

Not find it slightly rich of Harry to take the moral high ground when it was his son involved in the 'banter' that led to the two twats being sacked?

To be fair, making a valid observation, about an entirely unrelated situation, is hardly taking the moral high ground

Peace And Love With Harry

Incidentally, Harry Redknapp had his say on the whole thing too.

"Why do these young players have to be so angry with the world?" he said, passing around joss-sticks and wondering why we can't all just be friends, man.

"I don't know why. I respect him [Rooney] as a player but he is a silly boy for what he did and he shouldn't have done it."

Well yes. It's not as if Harry has had a problem losing his rag and swearing on camera, is it?

I like Rooney just because he pisses so many people off every time he opens his mouth.

Last edited:
I like him as well. Although I think the third movie was a bit of a let down

All players should stop doing interviews unless they are paid for them. I am no fan of Rooney or Man U but a two match ban is ****ing ridiculous. :icon_roll

They are paid for them. You didn't think the large sacks of money given by the media to the clubs, and by the clubs to the players, came without strings attached did you?

I like Rooney just because he pisses so many people off every time he opens his mouth.

As it was Mrs Rooney's birthday was this weekend, and she had been the subject of some rather unpleasant chanting from the slack-jawed East London masses, I think that Wayne was simply directing a personal birthday greeting to his beloved, which I found perfectly charming, if a little brusque.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYNyc_myTz0[/YOUTUBE]

article-1387530-0C175D5400000578-367_634x850.jpg

Hasn't mentioned how he gave a £1,000 to a homeless person recently and also helped out a skiving bullied kid at his school.

The media rarely mention these stories.

Actually, to be fair, I did read that story about him with the bullied kid on the BBC website the other day. I was more making the point in line with the thread title 'Moronic Footballers'. This doesn't mean that he's a bad person or does no good, just that he does stupid things sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669