Moronic footballers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasnt meant as a dig at your opinion Porkie.

It was a dig at the storm sometimes over footballers. I was readingan interview with Niall Quinn recently who remarked that all good work is forgotten using an example of his Sunderland squad paying for it's 500 staff for a day out at the races. Football clubs do more charity visits than PMs. England internationals fees all go to a massive pot to separate causes. Quinn also mentioned when he was at Arsenal, a lot more daft behaviour went on but the media wasn't as savage as it is now.

I don't get me started on rugby types' opinion on football. Even more so after that assault on Saturday.

Last edited:
It wasnt meant as a dig at your opinion Porkie.

It was a dig at the storm sometimes over footballers. I was readingan interview with Niall Quinn recently who remarked that all good work is forgotten using an example of his Sunderland squad paying for it's 500 staff for a day out at the races. Football clubs do more charity visits than PMs. England internationals fees all go to a massive pot to separate causes. Quinn also mentioned when he was at Arsenal, a lot more daft behaviour went on but the media wasn't as savage as it is now.

I don't get me started on rugby types' opinion on football. Even more so after that assault on Saturday.

I realise you weren't digging at me Hazz, I was just making it clear for anyone else who thought I was having a go at footballers. We have players and ex-players at our events and many of them are quality people (I've defended John Hartson on this site strongly before).

A good example is a player who's on loan at Sunderland and attended one of our events a couple of years ago. He donated all of his appearance money to a charity he's involved with involving disadvantaged children from the area he grew up in. As you say though, this is the sort of thing that doesn't get much publicity sadly.

Can there be any footballer more moronic than the idiot who is getting his lawyers to try and sue Twitter about the revelations on his superinjunction? The moron, and most of us know who it is by now, would have to sue in his own name in California (where Twitter is based) thus exposing himself to the 10% of the world that don't already know about him.

Shambles isn't the word.

At his next match, wouldn't it be great if the crowd as one all started up a chant about him!

Can there be any footballer more moronic than the idiot who is getting his lawyers to try and sue Twitter about the revelations on his superinjunction? The moron, and most of us know who it is by now, would have to sue in his own name in California (where Twitter is based) thus exposing himself to the 10% of the world that don't already know about him.

Shambles isn't the word.

At his next match, wouldn't it be great if the crowd as one all started up a chant about him!

Maybe he'll try and sue the crowd if they do :102::icon_bigg

Shambles isn't the word.

Daily Hate today has done a very sneaky thing regarding him-covering him elsewhere in the paper, clearly being ironic!

Last edited:
Giggs, Giggs will see you in court, again

Anybody seen the Tweets between Rio Ferdinand and Piers Morgan? Hilarious.

piers.jpg

It's been amusing reading those!

You'd think Rio would tell his teammate to 'fess up and deal with it instead of looking like a chump in how he is dealing with it!

Exactly, said footballer has made himself look a total tool. If you cant do the time, then dont do the crime :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00