People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
A qualified nurse starts in band 5 of the pay scale, which is over £19,000. Hardly qualifies them as poverty stricken. Nurses on band 5 can earn nearly £25,000. (yes in london maybe, but it takes years for the increments to get that far)
Those figures come from the RCN website.

The figures I got for overtime came from a jobs website. (well im telling you that isnt wht the actual figures are, I see the payslips)

So if your Mrs claims to be earning less you should be suspicious. (Im always suspcious of her.;) )

If you think a starting salary of nearly £20,000 is bad, have a look at the job ads in the Mockery to see how much people doing other jobs are paid. (I fail to see what that has to do with anything, are you saying that nurses should be paid less because the knitwear factory worker down the road is?)

I'm not saying nurses don't deserve to be well paid, just that they're not badly paid compared to a lot of people, and they shouldn't need charity handouts. (no the governement should be paying them more and doctors a lot less, gp's (and other top consultants) wages are crippling the NHS. along with mis-management and to many levels of management)

I wasnt earning that as a graduate structural engineer, have to say seems a decent wage to me. Thought the firefighters strike was unjustified too!!

and I was earning a lot less when i started my job but we both work in what are traditionally (in recent times anyway) jobs that are paid at a lower level than many lay people realise.

the man's an embarrassment

If he came round our house I'd tell him to shut up

Night Boat to Cairo etc. etc...................

People you hardly know who ask you personal questions, and myself for not having the guts to tell them to mind their own business :icon_sad:

(yes in london maybe, but it takes years for the increments to get that far)

The figures I quotes did NOT include the extra paid to nurses in London.

(I fail to see what that has to do with anything, are you saying that nurses should be paid less because the knitwear factory worker down the road is?)

It's to do with the fact that a charity campaign was launched to give money to nurses, when there should be no need for it. There are many many people worse off than nurses, why should they be given special treatment?

i only ever spit if i feel like i have a load of flem stuck in my throat and its making me feel sick-and i was actually sick during a tbfc game once (well whilst off the pitch) because of this!

lovely

Having played a lot of sport when I was younger, I can honestly say that I've never felt the need to clear any phlegm from my throat either during or after participating.

I've also watched my brother play football from the age of nine through to his thirties and only when the players got to around the age of 16 did the spitting begin.

Is there a biological reason for this, or is it just "cool"?

Having played a lot of sport when I was younger, I can honestly say that I've never felt the need to clear any phlegm from my throat either during or after participating.

I've also watched my brother play football from the age of nine through to his thirties and only when the players got to around the age of 16 did the spitting begin.

Is there a biological reason for this, or is it just "cool"?

It's when the fags or exposure to fags and booze kicks in, even dust at work builds up all on your chest leading to lots of phlegm produced.

I very very rarely have to spit out phlegm, it only happens when i'm ill.

That's most likely because i've never smoked and have never worked in the sort of environment that brings it on.

People that stand around spitting really do disgust me. is that tiny amount of saliva really getting in the way while it's in your mouth? Or is the taste of tobacco in your mouth really not that nice and you only smoke to look cool?

I have noticed that my eastern european neighbours spit a hell of a lot and its disgusting

I very very rarely have to spit out phlegm, it only happens when i'm ill.

That's most likely because i've never smoked and have never worked in the sort of environment that brings it on.

People that stand around spitting really do disgust me. is that tiny amount of saliva really getting in the way while it's in your mouth? Or is the taste of tobacco in your mouth really not that nice and you only smoke to look cool?

Regent College has a spit riverway by the entrance. At first I found it quite beautiful but then I began to see the greenie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00