People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but still believe that they only report/sell what the majority want, otherwise there'd be no point.

The race to appeal to the bottom of the gene pool doesn't wash as an excuse in my book - the BBC's remit is to educate not pander. We pay a licence fee to ensure we don't get mass market programs which can be targeted by advertisers.

BBC Breakfast was still decent when Sophie Titwank and Jeremy Bowen hosted, but their departure signalled a dramatic decline.

The only upside at the moment is that the sports gimp, moonface Hollins, has been replaced by someone fit.

That's bollocks Matt. I'll bet you a pound to a pinch of dogshit that you can't find one single person that actually wants any of that vapid shite. Not one.

I can't work out if this is sarcastic, if not it's like buying money with some of the people I know.

I can't work out if this is sarcastic, if not it's like buying money with some of the people I know.

I'm deadly ****ing serious man. Not one of them actually wants it, they just lap up whatever shite that they're spoon fed.
If they just didn't bother having the Oscars one year, without mentioning it, just didn't hold it, nobody would ****ing notice. It's all bollocks.

I'm deadly ****ing serious man. Not one of them actually wants it, they just lap up whatever shite that they're spoon fed.
If they just didn't bother having the Oscars one year, without mentioning it, just didn't hold it, nobody would ****ing notice. It's all bollocks.

Are you confusing want with need? You are right, they don't need it, but surely the desire to seek it out means that they want it? If they didn't have the oscars there would be uproar from certain quarters. I'm not saying it's right, just the way I see it as being. I'm talking about celebrity/ star media I'm general though, not just the oscars.

Are you confusing want with need? You are right, they don't need it, but surely the desire to seek it out means that they want it? If they didn't have the oscars there would be uproar from certain quarters. I'm not saying it's right, just the way I see it as being. I'm talking about celebrity/ star media I'm general though, not just the oscars.

Nope. I'm talking about want, as in desire. Nobody specifically wants any of that bollocks. They've just allowed the media to convince them that they do. Bread and circuses for the stupefied masses. So long as they shovel something in their direction, they just lap it up. Whatever kind of vacuous shite it is.

Do they seek it out? Don't they just sit there in an inflatable pool filled with their own excrement as this celebrity-based piss floods out of the television screen into their room?

Do they seek it out? Don't they just sit there in an inflatable pool filled with their own excrement as this celebrity-based piss floods out of the television screen into their room?

Even normally sensible people get dragged into it I'm afraid. My wife, the hater of all things remotely xenophobic, reads the Daily Mail website because it has "a good celebrity section". When someone is prepared to abandon their morals for gash media, you know you have a problem with society.

Precisely my point. Framed far more eloquently than I could ever hope to, as well

Even normally sensible people get dragged into it I'm afraid. My wife, the hater of all things remotely xenophobic, reads the Daily Mail website because it has "a good celebrity section". When someone is prepared to abandon their morals for gash media, you know you have a problem with society.

Your wife hunts online media sites for celebrity gash?

You are a very, very lucky man.

Nope. I'm talking about want, as in desire. Nobody specifically wants any of that bollocks. They've just allowed the media to convince them that they do. Bread and circuses for the stupefied masses. So long as they shovel something in their direction, they just lap it up. Whatever kind of vacuous shite it is.

Whatever is the cheapest, fastest is the one that gets executed I'm afraid. Reality television is a perfect example.

It's cheap since nobody has to write, direct, act, produce or generally give a monkeys...and it's fast because you can just film it and ship it. If there is proof of the decline of civilization it lies in reality television. Unfortunately, the "fast and cheap" approach is starting to bleed into all media.

The Mail has done a remarkable job of packaging it's website to appeal to the celebrity hunting types. Even my fiancee uses it here in the states.

People that request 'The Spartans' on the Brian Matthew old duffers request show on a Saturday morning.

So, this week, the government has won its right to impose the ****ed up DEBILL upon the nation, guaranteed the rich that they can keep their child benefit payments and promised to scrap the top rate of tax.

In it together? ****ing pile of bollocking shite. The ****s.

Wankers who don"t even bother to say goodbye to young kids they made promises to.
Sometimes you can be too clever
Still be careful what you do to people on your way up====Gravity Mr P gravity=

Wankers who don"t even bother to say goodbye to young kids they made promises to.
Sometimes you can be too clever
Still be careful what you do to people on your way up====Gravity Mr P gravity=

Yes, this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611