Plymouth post-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done gab, I give you credit for making our fans appear more stupid than even I think they are.

That takes some doing.

Fairplay Highland at least there is one honest comment this morning!:038:

Like I said you beat us and you were the better side,you are no World Beaters but at least you have a game plan and players playing in their right positions.We tend to just kick the ball in the air and chase after it:102:

Does it? :icon_eek:
Yes, I didn't think you lot could stoop any lower, but you went down to his level and managed to earn yourself a draw in the "We're the biggest retards on the internet" competition.

I felt absolutely awful after yesterday's match, partly due to the raised expectations from the previous games pre-Blackpool, partly due to being in a cracking mood after Wales beat Scotland, and partly due to the fact that I'd been drinking all afternoon.

But mostly because of the reminder yet again that no matter what players we have on the pitch and who's managing us, who we are playing aganist or what our recent form has been we are in exactly the same clueless position we have been for 4 feckin years.

And it's just so......dull. 6 games on Sky this year, an average of 1 goal per game. They must be hard pressed if they are going to put us on again this year.

I'm not saying get rid of Ollie, or that we are going to slide inevitably into the bottom 3. We will pick up the usual few wins and finish in around 17th. Again.

(By the way has any team ever been relegated with the best defensive record in the division?)

Did anyone see the programme yesterday. The 'Ask Dave' section claimed that Kisnorbo's move to central defence was in Rob Kelly's first league game. I'd always thought it was Levein's last match. I'm confused :icon_conf

Despite what the players are saying on the OS there were no positives to be taken from yesterdays game. I thought Hayles was woeful, Oakley was static and Chambers was dreadful. The team have clearly not spent enough time playing together - just exactly what do they do at training except go go-karting! A few 11-a-side matches against the kids is required.
I only paid a fiver for the ticket and really wished i'd gone down the boozer to watch it. Pathetic advert for our team in front of the cameras. Has Milan allowed for an extension to 3 year plan when we have to waste 2 years going down and coming back up again?

Did anyone see the programme yesterday. The 'Ask Dave' section claimed that Kisnorbo's move to central defence was in Rob Kelly's first league game. I'd always thought it was Levein's last match. I'm confused :icon_conf

I think it was CL's last match, ironically against Plymouth.

I felt absolutely awful after yesterday's match, partly due to the raised expectations from the previous games pre-Blackpool

i really don't get why everyone was so positive about the supposed good run that we were on. realistic view on it is that coventry were shite, we were lucky against palace and norwich was just an embarassing struggle to leave with a point....what a ****ing run.

the fact that we can't score goals (even when we throw every forward we have on) is very worrying

Sorry but all we are doing is a King Canute job.... trying to hold back the tide, we lack (and its not just recently)a productive midfield ....there is nobody in the set-up to create any worthwhile ball for the forwards to utilise, all they are getting is crumbs to feed off, we play narrow football to try and force teams to play the same way but completely forgetting that we have to create movement up front and sadly all we get is knockdowns from Howard that are pounced on immediately because the oppo know how we play

I quite frankly am bloody angry about the whole situation

I can't raise the energy to get angry - but I am very puzzled.

You are right - we do play narrow football - and very ugly it is too.

The only positive I can take is thT in Howard we have a player who is going to win more than a fair share of knockdowns. Logically, i would have thought that Campbell was therefore the best bet to play alongside him. I recognise that Fryatt has a first touch on the ball and an eye for the telling pass around the box which sets him out as a footballer but unfortunately unless someone can get him to add a yard or so of pace then I'm afraid he isn't going to make further progress.

I really doubt whether Holloway is of the calibre to make a difference and i think we are moving into a phase of frustration when in spite of all the words and quips that things are not moving forward at all - and yet we seem to have run out of options to change things round. This must be a real headache for MM.

i really don't get why everyone was so positive about the supposed good run that we were on. realistic view on it is that coventry were shite, we were lucky against palace and norwich was just an embarassing struggle to leave with a point....what a ****ing run.

logically I knew all that and wasn't expecting us to win every game until May. just thought we would be a *little* bit more consistently scoring points.

but it was stupid. I know that now :icon_cry:

do u think we wud come up automatically if we went down this season?

do u think we wud come up automatically if we went down this season?

probably the same question forest fans asked when they went down. after a mass exodus, no, i dont think that we'd come straight back. kisnorbo, maccauley, clemence, oakley, howard, stearman, mattock. none are good enough to go down. a horrible thought though it is, it would be the opportunity that the young'uns need to develope, but thats the only positive that could be derived. the question is, why are such a good group of footballers playing so poorly?

Last edited:
The same reason any previously good business goes down the pan, mismanagement.

true, why do you reckon ollie could'nt get them fired up for the plymouth match?

If people are so pissed off,which is understandable,then maybe they should start voting with their feet.Maybe when we start getting crowds of 15 thousand and less arses might start being kicked..just an idea

true, why do you reckon ollie could'nt get them fired up for the plymouth match?
I don't know. Maybe the players are naughty, maybe his motivational skills aren't very good, maybe they're lazy, I haven't got a clue.

TBH, I'm not sure this "motivated" and "fired up" topic is a valid one. I'm sure the players care for their jobs and don't wish to lose.

Personally I believe they are being mismanaged, but in which and whose department I'm not sure.

Ultimately, MM must take responsibility for what is happening on and off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69