Rotherham - JPT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win our game in hand and we go top of the league and yet people are already questioning NP. :081::081::081:

Has anybody else noticed that in the media it is starting to be mentioned about the Leicester 'Boo boys' and how its surprising when you see are position in the league?

What lies beneath all this is totally unrealistic expectations.

We have been a losing side for years - yet today Bonfire Night and we have only lost two league games all season. We have also been knocked out of the second rate Carling Cup by a Premiership side (away) and exited the laughable JPT - sparing people like me who remember when Leicester had a decent football team further embarrassment.

Just because we have about the biggest ground in this crap league and a lot of fans prepared to pay money to travel to drab places for drab fixtures doesnt entitle us to win every game. I won't pay to watch such stuff but I'm grateful we are doing well and look forward to the day when there will be some matches worth going to again.

Pearson is doing an excellent job - a professional job - in putting us into a position to get out of the mire previous idiot managers have got ourselves in. It's not his fault that some 'supporters' have daft ideas about how good we should be - although what they base these expectations on, I really don't know. When we lose, they come posting on here as if we have some God given right to win every game. They should get real.

Well I will give you a quick overview from someone who went.

Dreadful heartless performance, real lack of effort apart from the last 5 minutes. Oakley, Hobbs and King were particulary poor. Kisnorbo wasnt far off ether with his continued hoofing.

Only player I would give any slight credit too would be Howard. Although he missed a couple in the second half he did put a shift in. He battled and actually looked half interested.

The midfield was non exsistent and I dont think we stringed two passes together all evening.

I bumped into Milan on my way out and pointed the midfield issue out to him - that we need some new ones! He smiled and said we will see and then stuck his thumb up.

About sums it up.

As soon as Pearson decided to play without wingers in the second half we just hoofed it up field every time.

Shit performance - but we could quite easily have won if we'd taken out chances.

By the very nature of the tie, it would surely only have been the real hard-core fans who went last night. Are you suggesting that the 'real' fans boo?:102:

I'm not serious by the way, I don't go for the crap that says that 'real' fans don't boo their team. Last night, had I have been there, I would have booed as well.

They certainly did last night. I expected some booing at the end but there was little, if any, then. But in the last 10 minutes there were several waves of booing and jeering that seemed so loud that most of those that were there must have been involved - not Jessel, of course, because he was at the station by then.

We have [...] exited the laughable JPT - sparing people like me who remember when Leicester had a decent football team further embarrassment.

It's odd that you should feel that our exit has saved you from further embarrassment. I would have thought that the real embarrassment is that we have been knocked out by a fourth division club. It really did happen, you know. Your continued denigration of the competition does not take away the simple facts.

Sounds like the players have finally approached the competition with the contempt the fans have had for it. I thought there would be celebrations that we were out?:102:

Over 1,500 travelling fans does not suggest contempt to me, nor does the eerie silence from the City fans as they filed away afterwards.

Whatever the players think about it, I am sure that Nigel Pearson will be giving them something else to think about today.

Over 1,500 travelling fans does not suggest contempt to me, nor does the eerie silence from the City fans as they filed away afterwards.

Whatever the players think about it, I am sure that Nigel Pearson will be giving them something else to think about today.

I was talking about the TB members on here that have had contempt for the competition, yet seem to be outraged we have lost. :icon_wink

I was talking about the TB members on here that have had contempt for the competition, yet seem to be outraged we have lost. :icon_wink

point taken.

I hope he hasnt given the lazy feckers the day off today. Instead he should bring them in and teach them about the words Effort and Entertainment, because both have been lacking for sometime now.

I'm starting to seriously wonder whether selling Kisnorbo in January is the best thing that could happen.

While he's undoubtedly a decent defender his passing remains a problem and there's no question in my mind the balance of the whole team has been disrupted by his return.

I completely agree. Everyone thinks Kis is great but we have never been a winning team with him about and he never hits a clearance cleanly!

It's odd that you should feel that our exit has saved you from further embarrassment. I would have thought that the real embarrassment is that we have been knocked out by a fourth division club. It really did happen, you know. Your continued denigration of the competition does not take away the simple facts.

The less association which we have with the JPT - the better. Johnstone's Paint are very decent to sponsor a competition which provides additional income for small clubs and presents an opportunity for their supporters to see their team play at the national stadium. But my idea of Leicester City is a but bigger than that. i appreciate that your's might not be - but I prefer my reality to what may be your's.

The other context is the risk of injuries that would diminish our promotion chances. We do not have sufficient strength in depth to effectively compete on all fronts. You see enough of the team and I guess are long enough in the tooth to understand that. Why would we want to risk losing key players in the JPT when everyone knows that we are dangerously short of adequate cover in almost all positions including having just one goal scoring forward?

Can I buy my Wembley ticket yet ?

I've got me face paints and everything

I completely agree. Everyone thinks Kis is great but we have never been a winning team with him about and he never hits a clearance cleanly!

We have let more goals in since his return. Decent defender with poor distribution which causes a lot of problems as the ball makes a quick return to our defence. Though I like him, I think the defence was far stronger before his return.

We have let more goals in since his return. Decent defender with poor distribution which causes a lot of problems as the ball makes a quick return to our defence. Though I like him, I think the defence was far stronger before his return.

Bit of a coincidence isn't it ?
Glad to see other people are noticing.
He'll probably off in the transfer window - the 'international' tag will attract other clubs.

But my idea of Leicester City is a but bigger than that. i appreciate that your's might not be - but I prefer my reality to what may be your's.

The only REALITY is that we are currently a third tier football club.

If we get offered a couple of million quid for kisnorbo, then I say we bite the club's hand off. Even a million quid would go a long, long way towards getting in some decent players in. Look at Dyer, Adams and Morrison - all have been great buys and they all cost next to nothing - I don't think we even paid £500,000 for all three of them as Dyer was free too.

If Pearson uses the cash to get some players in, in the positions we need, then I'll be more than happy to see the back of Kisnorbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566