Sunday League Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
The County Cup draw is out! Doesn't someone on here have something to do with Niffy Rangers?

MHS knows their secretary through his Dad.

Other that, the rest of us hate them. Team full of chavs but tbf, it never kicked off between us.

Edit: ATM Logictics...from Burbage, Leroy?

Last edited:
MHS knows their secretary through his Dad.

Other that, the rest of us hate them. Team full of chavs but tbf, it never kicked off between us.

Edit: ATM Logictics...from Burbage, Leroy?

Oh right I'll look forward to that then! How do they do in the league etc?

Yeh ATM are in our league. Strange team, had a big turn over of players in the past couple of seasons (but then in sunday league who doesn't!?!?), had a very strong team the 1st season but then struggled a little last season. We played them 3 times last season and beat them 3-2, 5-3 and 4-3 so always entertaining! If they still have the big lad up front then he can be very useful, got pace and strength and can finish well. Have struggled for a decent keeper in the past. Got a black lad at the back who is as camp as christmas.

Lower mid-table, they had a good finish when they drafted in a few of their ressies. At the mid-point of last season, they struggled for players and I remember us playing them with their centre-half as a keeper with no gloves! Also, having to run both lines cos they had eleven and using our matchball for the same game.

Off memory, we had a 2-2 (they scored a peno off a truly joke of a dive), 3-1 and 2-1. Very difficult team to break down and a decent keeper but beatable, up front they are a bit toothless.

Suppose it depends how their first team and ressies shake-up though for the A team this year

Lower mid-table, they had a good finish when they drafted in a few of their ressies. At the mid-point of last season, they struggled for players and I remember us playing them with their centre-half as a keeper with no gloves! Also, having to run both lines cos they had eleven and using our matchball for the same game.

Off memory, we had a 2-2 (they scored a peno off a truly joke of a dive), 3-1 and 2-1. Very difficult team to break down and a decent keeper but beatable, up front they are a bit toothless.

Suppose it depends how their first team and ressies shake-up though for the A team this year

So are the A-team the first team? How many leagues below yours is there then if they have a ressies?

They have a first, a ressies, and the 'A' team.

I think Divs 1,4 & 6. We are in 5.

Our season starts on Friday night, against CSKA Carnabys, really looking forward to it.

We've been put in to the 'new' division 5, which is basically the top half of the old division 5 plus a hand-full of divisoon 4 teams (excluding the prmoted/relegated sides). It looks and sounds very competitive. We were poor against the 'lesser teams' last year (like Niffy A) so hopefully we're on for a good season.

Yeah. As long as you can match their muscle you shouldn't have too many problems. Be wary of their centre forward going down easily in the box...

Ill get one of my lads to camp it up with him, soon stop him doing that.:icon_wink

We lost to Niffy 'A' on Sunday 3-2, played awful to be honest and still should have won, gave away a late penalty. Got a game tonight but I can't make it.

Feeling quite weird with the season approaching as it is the first time since I was 14 I'm not signed up for a team.

Happy with my decision to leave Fleckney and will have a month or so to make sure my knee is fully sorted before perhaps joining a team.

Yeh ATM are in our league. Strange team, had a big turn over of players in the past couple of seasons (but then in sunday league who doesn't!?!?), had a very strong team the 1st season but then struggled a little last season. We played them 3 times last season and beat them 3-2, 5-3 and 4-3 so always entertaining! If they still have the big lad up front then he can be very useful, got pace and strength and can finish well. Have struggled for a decent keeper in the past. Got a black lad at the back who is as camp as christmas.

Thanking you, Hinckley correspondent. I see your boys have a game with them early season, I would much appreciate an up to date report. I can report if I hear anything Niffy A on the lush pitches of Uplands Park (although we've hardly got any home games early on).

Thanking you, Hinckley correspondent. I see your boys have a game with them early season, I would much appreciate an up to date report. I can report if I hear anything Niffy A on the lush pitches of Uplands Park (although we've hardly got any home games early on).

check out our website for full match reports and check the season archive for previous seasons reports. www.sportsmansafc.co.uk. :icon_bigg

Our season starts next week sunday, this sunday we have our first and last friendly!

we drew 1-1 despite being on top for much of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669