Sunday League Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha i know! Its a complete contrast to the pre season! mind you we do have a few decent newbies.

I didnt play on Sunday because I took a knock on Friday but we are looking like a team for the first time in ages!

I came out of Friday's game with a dead leg. Could barely walk on Saturday (which was apparently funny for observers :mad: ). And i still managed to play yesterday :102: :056:

Lost the friendly yesterday 2-0, not bad same team we lost to 7-2 last season in the friendly, they didnt take a summer break and carried on training 3 times a week.

This sunday we start our season in a new league after promotion last season, we leave the amsterdam area and go towards Utrecht and Hilversum/Bussum Area!! Good team's from that area so i am expecting a difficult league.

I came out of Friday's game with a dead leg. Could barely walk on Saturday (which was apparently funny for observers :mad: ). And i still managed to play yesterday :102: :056:

I tried to play the next day for my Sat team and lasted 35 minutes :icon_sad:. My season may already be delayed because it feels like a strained muscle, the one that goes from my back to my stomach.?

Resting it this week, should be back for Sundays game.

your not the only person to make that decision - im staying put tho

Nothing against the people there, just needed a change after being there for so long (including the youth teams).

Who else has left?

Kingy, do yourself a favour and retire.

Harry

For you this one, ATM got beat 3-0 tonight by a team that got beat 10-0 in the first game of the season.

Loving football so far this year.

Sunday league we are third having won two out of three most recently against Little Bowden where I netted my first goal in over a year!

And U18 we have won our first two games and sit top of the league!

West End Ressies in the cup on Sunday.....buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.

http://www.alliancefootballleague.co.uk/Home_News.html

Alliance League's "Wednesday Night Football"

The League is keen to promote this initiative to play some League fixtures on a Wednesday evening under floodlights on a ground with decent facilities. Having agreed matters, we were let down by Oadby Town, but Friar Lane and Epworth have now kindly agreed to join with us in the arrangement.

It should provide a night out for Alliance League followers, and others interested in local football, and we hope to make it a regular monthly feature.

The League will charge a nominal admission to cover ground costs. The competing teams will cover the Referee and Assistants costs, as with any other game.

Hopefully a good night out for all - and we can talk about it in the bar afterwards.

Teams have been asked to declare an interest, and those who have not yet done so, but wish to be considered should contact James

The first fixture has been arranged for Wednesday 22 September - 7.30pm kick off. The participating teams for that game will be disclosed in due course.

This will kick off at Friar Lane & Epworth FC's ground on 22nd September with a 7.30pm kick off and is expected to take place every month until February.

Watch out for details of the game to be played.

Make a Date - Wednesday 22 September 2010
Get down to Friar Lane and Epworth FC on Wednesday 22 September for a 7.30pm kick off to see the first Wednesday Night Football fixture within the Alliance League's exciting new initiative. The distinction of the first fixture has fallen to Sparta Parva Reserves and Oadby Owls Mens who will contest a Division 5 clash.

There will be a modest admission fee to cover ground hire costs - and bar facilities will be available to meet and comment about what you have seen.

It is hoped that this is the first of what is intended to be a regular feature.

:038:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673