Sunday League Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the game on sunday but we won 7-2 so it's going well for us at the moment - we are joint top with two other teams which we are playing this sunday and then the following sunday, This sunday we are playing the Police Force - i can just see Mean Machine happening on our pitch.!

We haven't got a ref for our county cup match at the moment as ours has had a stroke. Hoping one will be sorted. The fa have assured me that it will be sorted.

I missed the game on sunday but we won 7-2 so it's going well for us at the moment - we are joint top with two other teams which we are playing this sunday and then the following sunday, This sunday we are playing the Police Force - i can just see Mean Machine happening on our pitch.!

Is that at their home ground near Fosse Park? Enjoy if so, there pitch is a beaut :)

That would be a trek. Spanky lives in Holland!:icon_wink

Not sure Leics Constab. have a Sunday side?
Haha - correct its not in Leicester - it's at our home ground Abcoude

Yeah there in the hinckley sunday league division 2. They got promoted last season. There not a bad side but put it this way. They finished 3rd or 4th in div 2 last year and in a pre season friendly we beat the team that finished 2nd 8-1 with 3 main players out and we missed a penalty!

If your of fairly decent standard then you should beat them.

We beat them comfortably 5-2, probably should have been more.

How did everyone else get on in the cup?

We lost 3-2 after extra time. We led twice and threw it away.

Lost 6-3 aet. 2-2 at FT. Had plenty of chances at 2all and plenty of chances at 3-2 down.

Can't believe I just about managed 120 minutes....although two goals at the very end I just didn't have the legs to chase down the strikers.

Lost 6-3 aet. 2-2 at FT. Had plenty of chances at 2all and plenty of chances at 3-2 down.

Can't believe I just about managed 120 minutes....although two goals at the very end I just didn't have the legs to chase down the strikers.

it was similar with us, it was fitness that let us down in the end, we got battered in extra time and they should have had more than 3.

We lost 3-2 in the county cup, started with 9 men due to the excellent organisational skills.

They scored in the last minute. Didn't fancy extra time much anyway :)

We Won 2-0 after a game with so many incidents, firstly we have two goals ruled for offside, we had a penalty turned down and so did they, start of 2nd half a brawl kicked off after there played studded our player in the stomach after a 50/50 challange.

We played very poor but to come away with 3 points is great, Sunday we play the team that are joint top with us on same points, same goals scored and goals conceded. Should be interesting !!! We keep you posted!

Back in the cup last week we won 4-2 after extra time. Apparently the other side lost their legs and we should of had more. A nice cup run will be good.

Yesterday i was back in charge but we lost 3-2 in a top of the table clash. Little bit gutted. They beat us twice convincingly last year and we went 1 nil down but then equalised and we were all over them. Then we got caught on the break against the run of play and then they went further in front. Managed to get 1 back and then was all over them again but couldn't get another.

They said they were full strength and we had 3 starters missing including our skipper so i'd like to think that if we were full strength then we'd have won.

Ahhh well back to the cup next week for us.

We lost 3-0 yesterday. Tough game against a team that we narrowly beat 2-0 2 weeks ago. We didn't have the best preparation for the game when we went from having 19 players on Friday fit and available down to 14 yesterday morning including me!

The first goal was just a gk error that trickled in and they hit us quickly with a second while our heads were down.

I changed it round at half time and we were well in it and looking like we might get back into at any time when they broke and scored the 3rd.

We (I) should have had one near the end but we (I) spooned it wide.

Oh well, league cup next week and Im not there!!

Lost 2-1 and was Lucas Neill/Bruno Berner for 65 minutes at left-back.

Found this the most gutting loss of the season so far as we just didn't perform and to top it off, we could have nicked an equaliser in the last minute or gone 2-0 up before they scored.

We lost 3-2 to a Italian club, awful lost, we were up 2-1 at HT and then blew it in the space of 5 mins in the 2nd half, f**king cheat they were real Italians diving and started trouble on every foul which they commited most of the time, i am waiting for the rematch at our ground, will be interesting!!

We are now 2nd 3 points behind the top team! still got enough games left to win the championship!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00