Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1min 14 secs of common sense is what I heard.I would like a few decent signings in the next 5 weeks but refusing to be held to ransom by staggeringly average players isn't something I want us getting involved in.That way lies doom.That way lies Portsmouth.

What was the name of that bloke from Bristol City that tried to hold us to ransom a few years back? And more importantly, how has Nicky Maynard being getting on recently?

It's like this.... We have identified targets, those players have received our offers and (through their agents) have issued their wage demands. We then have a decision to make. Do we, a) bend over and (do a Homer) accept that now we're in the Prem we can expect to pay OK players HUGE wages? or b) make a statement, re-sign our best players and look to fit new faces in to the same agreements as we have already agreed with the aforementioned.

Option b) stands us in much better stead I feel. Frazier Campbell ain't going to be the difference enough to warrant us upsetting the established squad over. Far from it. What will make the difference is having a strong team spirit and a togetherness with a few quality additions which I don't feel players like Campbell can justify being.

There has to be a balance. It is no good our standing upon principle and missing out on any major signings, however, it would be equally silly to roll over for the first request from a reasonable player for extraordinary wages.

I have no reason, so far, to think that the club are not working to this sort of guide line but, I shall be upset if we do not strengthen before the season starts.

It's simply a PR stunt to try and reverse some of the negative impact of the owner saying we will spunk £180m

NP understands that we need to increase the quality of the squad but he's not gobbing off and throwing money around like Cyril Sneer.

However, anyone who says they will be happy if we sign no other players and go with what we currently have are deluded and would be happy to flirt with relegation all season.

It's simply a PR stunt to try and reverse some of the negative impact of the owner saying we will spunk £180m

NP understands that we need to increase the quality of the squad but he's not gobbing off and throwing money around like Cyril Sneer.

However, anyone who says they will be happy if we sign no other players and go with what we currently have are deluded and would be happy to flirt with relegation all season.

:038: Wow that takes me back.

I stand in the middle.

We dont want to cave in to all wage demands, left with a huge wage bill making it hard for us to sign new players in future should we need to due to budget been maxed out early and higher wage players seem to be more likely to be mercenaries.

At the same time however I am not particurly thrilled about our business so far and if we went into september like this I would be gobsmacked.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...7.5m-for-Brighton-forward-Leonardo-Ulloa.html

Nigel Pearson is set to return with a final £7.5million offer for Leonardo Ulloa and has offered Jamie Vardy a new contract.

Pearson wants to sign a proven goalscorer this summer and is prepared to smash Leicester City’s transfer record with a renewed bid for Ulloa, the Brighton and Hove Albion forward.
Leicester have already had at least three offers rejected for the Argentinian but are weighing up whether to pay the asking price and finally end their protracted pursuit.
Sunderland forward Connor Wickham has also been considered by last season’s Championship winners with an inquiry made last week.
But with Sunderland set to offer Wickham a new deal, Pearson is ready to step up his attempts to sign Ulloa who has always been the club’s No. 1 target.

Ulloa, 27, is believed to have told Brighton of his desire to leave but any move has been held up by the steep asking price.
Pearson is also focusing on keeping his squad together for the forthcoming season and Vardy, the forward, has been offered a new four-year deal.
Vardy scored 16 goals last season and was the subject of interest from Southampton in the January transfer window.
England under-21 international Liam Moore and highly-rated youngster Jeff Schlupp have also been offered one-year extensions.

Wouldn't be my first choice but in Nigel we trust I guess!!

Like it how it says we want a proven goal scorer though as didn't Vardy & Nuge both score more than Leo??

I think both did, but Ulloa has a bigger physical presence particularly in the penalty area. Both Vardy and Nugent are good running at defenders and causing problems, but neither are big enough to be able to challenge in the air from set pieces an issue Ulloa would address given he is 6'4'' in height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669