The manager search - what a way to run a football club!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will our new manager not be named in the next couple of days then?

It's really annoying now... basically at the point like most people I guess where I've accepted we're probably going to get someone crap, and just have to pray they come good for us. Can't think of anyone likely to come here that would seen as good.

I think part of the problem is that at level, we are not going to attract anybody who all of the fans are going to accept. A couple of back-to-back defeats (let's not kid ourselves that League One is going to be plain sailing) and one section or other of our support will be making its dissatisfaction heard. Who then would want to be sitting in front of Milan's trigger finger? Many would think that it's easier to stay on the dole in the first place.

To answer your initial question, I'm not sure whether we can still expect an announcement in the next couple of days or not; it's not definitely off yet. Personally I hope that we do get one; further delay can't be regarded as anything other than a sign of how difficult it is to get anybody to take the job.

I have to hand it to you, you very good at shit stirring.

I'm afraid that Boc's hints at the position seem all to likely to be about right.

We shall see over the next day or so.

I understand that you are totally devoted to Milan - and I too have thought that he remains the best way forward - but there would seem to be (and not surprisingly) a real problem in getting people to work for him.

If its true and Even Gregs doesn't want to come.

We may aswell put Taggs in charge promote rudkin and beaglehole to help him. Get an experienced head above him like kelly did with graydon.

We had Gregory at our sales conference as a "motivational speaker" once!

He was surprisingly good if I remember correctly though it was a good few years ago

Not the **** a lot of us think he might be that's for sure...

If its true and Even Gregs doesn't want to come.

We may aswell put Taggs in charge promote rudkin and beaglehole to help him. Get an experienced head above him like kelly did with graydon.

Yes- as I recall, Kelly was doing ok until Graydon decided he preferred life in the West country.

If Milan finds it impossible to recruit anyone acceptable and anyone acceptable won't work for him, then Taggart represents an option with someone in their dotage but still with their marbles intact as Director of Football. Normally speaking I think that sort of post is a waste of space & money - but we are not exactly a normal club.

However, my money is still on an appointment of an outsider that will tell us just how far we have fallen but who we have to hope will surprise us with a bit of success.

I'm afraid that Boc's hints at the position seem all to likely to be about right.

We shall see over the next day or so.

I understand that you are totally devoted to Milan - and I too have thought that he remains the best way forward - but there would seem to be (and not surprisingly) a real problem in getting people to work for him.

I'm sure you were using that argument a couple of months back about somebody else. :icon_roll:icon_lol:

Last edited:
It states below that Nigel Worthington is joined by Nigel Pearson and John Gregory at the forefront of the list of those being most strongly tipped to take over the managerial vacancy at the Walkers Stadium.

Mandaric is choosing between these 3 for goodness sake:icon_roll
I am not omptimistic at all with any of these being in charge:icon_cry:

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|7202261662008322213931

The Mercury makes it clear that this is speculating that he is choosing between three. The truth is that Milan made his decision before the weekend on the manager that he wanted but has so far been unable to secure that appointment. Thus there are now new names on his 'list' at the start of this week that weren't there at the start of last week.

When we start moaning about the manager we get, it would do us well to remember that whoever it is will not be Milan's first choice either.
:icon_wink

So he can't get gregory and it is going to be pearson?

Or are there completely new names on the list?

Last edited:
The Mercury makes it clear that this is speculating that he is choosing between three. The truth is that Milan made his decision before the weekend on the manager that he wanted but has so far been unable to secure that appointment. Thus there are now new names on his 'list' at the start of this week that weren't there at the start of last week.

When we start moaning about the manager we get, it would do us well to remember that whoever it is will not be Milan's first choice either.

Come on Boc, just ease my misery (temporarily at least) and tell me Gregory isn't coming?

Hopefully these new names are better than the old names.... with Meelan's past appointments, I don't think his first choice would necessarily be better than his second choice.

So he can't get gregory and it is going to be pearson?

Or are there completely new names on the list?

Come on Boc, just ease my misery (temporarily at least) and tell me Gregory isn't coming?

Hopefully these new names are better than the old names.... with Meelan's past appointments, I don't think his first choice would necessarily be better than his second choice.

I don't think the Gregory deal is dead yet - just struggling. I would suggest that Pearson is a completely new name on MM's list - and Lambert's is one that has been revived.

The new names of choice are Pearson and Worthington.

Although Worthington is reported as denying any contact. If we are really this far back int he process, I can't see there being an announcement any time soon unless the Gregory deal stands up again.

I don't think the Gregory deal is dead yet - just struggling. I would suggest that Pearson is a completely new name on MM's list - and Lambert's is one that has been revived.

Cheers for that.

Don't think it's eased my worry though ;) Needed you to tell me something miraculous like MON has been persuaded to come back and save us, or Milan's crystal ball has told him Steve Walsh will actually go on to become the greatest manager the world has ever known so we've got him in.

Lambert doesn't give me much hope either.

I seriously can't understand why, if he really was/is as desperate to come here as has been made out, Grayson hasn't been considered more? From all the names mentioned (bar Ince and Davies), he would be the stand out choice.

Are you aware of any contact made to approach Simon Grayson?

I seriously can't understand why, if he really was/is as desperate to come here as has been made out, Grayson hasn't been considered more?

Are you aware of any contact made to approach Simon Grayson?

When I was at school the kids who put their hand up first were often ignored by the teacher. Something similar seems to have happened here - don't ask me to explain why.

Radio leicester still seems to think there will be an anouncment tomorrow.

For the sake of the sanity of us all, I hope this is true and not just an echo of what the Mercury has said. It seems to me that last Friday/today/tomorrow have been the 'target' dates all the way along. I hope the media actually has some kind of indication that things are happening and not just trying to make things fit an old timetable.

So odd....especially as MM wants to be a fan's favourite, and as Grayson just recently got a team promoted from League One!!! Mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69