Speculation Vardy to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others have said my main disappointment if he goes would be that I wanted to see THIS team play in the CL.
The boring naysayers have already appeared all over the internet.The same ones who spent all season saying we'd fade away after Xmas & finish up mid table,then that we'd bottle it in the last ten games,then that we'd crumble after the draw with West Brom,then that we'd collapse after the Hammers game.
We made them look like twats every time.While their beloved Spurs & Arse were the ones who collapsed.Like they ****ing always do.

Now apparently we're going to get hideously found out in the CL.

Yawn.

I just wanted THE team,the actual champions of England to be the ones to shut the ****s up for good by flying through the group stages.Rather than huffing & puffing to qualify the way the Arse do every year before getting raped by Barca in the knockout.
It'll piss me off mightily not to be able to have a chance of seeing that.

Would be good to keep Vardy but I have faith in the scouts to bring in a more than suitable replacement.

Kante would be more of a loss and harder to replace.

Would be good to keep Vardy but I have faith in the scouts to bring in a more than suitable replacement.

Kante would be more of a loss and harder to replace.

Kind of agree that Kante and Mahrez are harder to find replacements for - but Vardy is the figurehead and I think if he leaves, the other two are even more likely to go.

Keeping Vardy now sends a strong message

I think it would depend who they replace him with and how quickly they get the replacement in.

I feel like one of these offers is just for PR but I can't decide which. The Arsenal offer to get him a better contract here/show Wenger is being proactive or our offer so we can pretend we did something to get him to stay when we know there is no chance anyway. I'm resigned to him leaving now so anything else would be a welcome but unlikely surprise.

Before the squad gets back together would be the ideal scenario.

It would have been nice to see this team in the Champions League but this whole saga has left a bit of a sour taste.He's nearly 30, don't break the bank if he would rather be elsewhere playing for the London bottlers then let him go down there and regret it when he winds up playing out wide...

Before the squad gets back together would be the ideal scenario.

It would have been nice to see this team in the Champions League but this whole saga has left a bit of a sour taste.He's nearly 30, don't break the bank if he would rather be elsewhere playing for the London bottlers then let him go down there and regret it when he winds up playing out wide...

If he stays he'll play every week In his favoured position and he has a good chance of making the World Cup in 2018. Go to Arsenal and he'll be out of position, no chance of the 2018 World Cup and I wouldn't be surprised if he's on loan in the championship by Easter.

Has his career ended yet?
Getting a little frustrated with all of the gossip. The thing that really gripes is that the arse will get Vardy on the cheap (after all would Wenger be after him if he was £60 mil and £120,000 a week? I doubt it) I think that we should get Mahrez and Kante to commit formally for this season (not sure how we do that) if they are not sure then transfer list them. That way we would have a bidding war and get what they are actually worth and not a £20 mil buyout clause. We would be able to move forward with players that actually want to be here and not have the sword of Damocles hanging over us.
Also, as he is so cheap (20 mil) can someone explain why Spurs haven't been interested in him as they could also get him?

I think that we should get Mahrez and Kante to commit formally for this season (not sure how we do that) if they are not sure then transfer list them. That way we would have a bidding war and get what they are actually worth and not a £20 mil buyout clause.

If they have a buyout clause putting them on the transfer list won't mean we get more money, it will just make it look like we're desperate to sell.

If they have a buyout clause putting them on the transfer list won't mean we get more money, it will just make it look like we're desperate to sell.
I see your point but I would say it would look more like we are desperate to get a decent price. Imagine Kante has a great euro's and we end up getting asset stripped for 20 Mil. I think that Arse and PSG both already want him before it starts so that at least over 20 mil already.

I see your point but I would say it would look more like we are desperate to get a decent price. Imagine Kante has a great euro's and we end up getting asset stripped for 20 Mil. I think that Arse and PSG both already want him before it starts so that at least over 20 mil already.

If the buyout fee is £20 million there's no reason for any club to offer more than that. If several clubs want him they'll be negotiating with the player, not the club.

Maybe should update the title of this thread to 'Leicester team to Arsenil'! It's the start of the summer and already the (Lundun based) media are lining up THE Title winning team in a queue to sell their souls for a wank at Venga's 'beautiful' Arse Hole!

Just to put this in perspective lets not forget that we finished the season 10 points above the glummers ...how many teams can say they've managed that in the last 20 years? Not only 10 points clear, but take into account we also gifted them 6 points from the 2 games we generously let them win (just to keep it competitive like) ...and as 'title rivals' those two games could be considered to be '6 pointers' ...so in effect that's another 12 points! Had we won those then we would have been 22 points ahead of the Arse!

While I'm confident that we will rebuild the team, should 'they'(???) leave I really will be disappointed if they didn't get at least one season to show the 'big boys' how to do it in Europe the Foxes way! And sorry but Vardy will never be able to pass, pass, pass in the 'beautiful football' way that has won Arse so many Euro titles these last... oh!

But if he goes I'll wish him luck ...he'll need it, but if we HAVE to let others go, let's make sure they at least go somewhere else!

Leicester have matched the offer by Arsenal - 130k a week.

Hes 50/50 apparently.

Will keep updated..

Shame, that money is taking the piss and we have turned our backs on one of our core strengths already.

Maybe should update the title of this thread to 'Leicester team to Arsenil'! It's the start of the summer and already the (Lundun based) media are lining up THE Title winning team in a queue to sell their souls for a wank at Venga's 'beautiful' Arse Hole!

Just to put this in perspective lets not forget that we finished the season 10 points above the glummers ...how many teams can say they've managed that in the last 20 years? Not only 10 points clear, but take into account we also gifted them 6 points from the 2 games we generously let them win (just to keep it competitive like) ...and as 'title rivals' those two games could be considered to be '6 pointers' ...so in effect that's another 12 points! Had we won those then we would have been 22 points ahead of the Arse!

While I'm confident that we will rebuild the team, should 'they'(???) leave I really will be disappointed if they didn't get at least one season to show the 'big boys' how to do it in Europe the Foxes way! And sorry but Vardy will never be able to pass, pass, pass in the 'beautiful football' way that has won Arse so many Euro titles these last... oh!

But if he goes I'll wish him luck ...he'll need it, but if we HAVE to let others go, let's make sure they at least go somewhere else!
I suppose, if we want to play with we are to compete with the "big boys" we may have to pay their sort of wage....but it doesn't feel good. Part of me say's let them go and rebuild and don't be held to ransom

Vardy saying hes really happy at Leicester. Deal is 4 years but has relegation clause in. I know the club are trying to cover their backs but doesnt fill Vardy with much confidence?

Also Kante is defo leaving and Deeney is definitely coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566