You miserable, miserable f**kers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One game, one loss, and most of you are all doom and gloom. **** me, no wonder the team has struggled with motivation when the supporters seem to thive on misery.

It wasn't the fact that we lost that worried me, it was the way that we lost. Blackpool totally out played us for most of the first half. They were the ones passing the ball to feet, keeping posession and creating chances. We were the team lumping the ball into the air or trying to play down the channels.

Considering the fact that our central midfield duo, Clemence and Kishishev are supposed to be premiership class, or close to it, I thought that Blackpool won the midfield battle.

Mattock had a nightmare and played a significant part in the goal, it was his back pass that started the panic. Players of his age and limited experience are bound to be inconsistent and it was good to see that the crowd did not get on his back when he was taken off. The concern is that plan B when we took him off was to go 3-4-3. We had no cover on the left.

We conceded the goal partly because Chambers was injured, so why didn't one of our experienced players commit a foul to stop the game, and take a yellow card if necessary, so that we could re-group.

I only saw two positives from the game, N'Gotty was solid and Hayes looks like a decent left winger.

The silver lining may be that this will bring us all back down to earth and make everyone realise that there is a lot of work still to do before we start thinking about challenging in this division.

We conceded the goal partly because Chambers was injured, so why didn't one of our experienced players commit a foul to stop the game, and take a yellow card if necessary, so that we could re-group.

We conceded the goal because players acted unprofessionally and failed to play to the whistle. Had anybody committed a deliberate foul at that stage, it seems highly likely that a RED card would have been earned which would arguably have put us in a worse position.

We conceded the goal because players acted unprofessionally and failed to play to the whistle.

Unprofessionally, maybe, but understandably. As part of the team thing, you're always going to distracted by one of your mates lying on the deck a few yards from you and screaming. Wouldn't you spare them a glance or two to see how bad it is?

I like this thread and agree with the sentiments of the OP.
Stop griping.
There were many good things out there,even though it's not perfect right now - far from it.
We're getting there - some great kids (OK, Mattock had his worst game in a long time), a useful strike force (OK, some desperate bad luck and MDV can't head a ball, but managed to hold the ball up despite a poor, by his standards, showing from Hume), a half-decent mid-field (OK, Clemence and Kis maybe shouldn't be doing the same job in central midfield, and Weso isn't a winger) and the defence kind of held up (except for their goal, when let's face it, everyone was distracted by trying to tell the idiots that there was a slight problem with a major injury), but when we switched, it looked like we finally had another string to our bow - something that's been lacking. Hayes looked good and fast. DJ isn't confident enough as yet. Stearman played better than I've seen him play for at least a year.
And at the end of the game, I couldn't fault the input.
Ultimately, that's what I want from my team. A bit of passion and imagination and flair. We haven't seen that for a while. We saw it in the last 60 minutes.
It was all we could ask.
If we keep that going, we'll get results.

Unprofessionally, maybe, but understandably. As part of the team thing, you're always going to distracted by one of your mates lying on the deck a few yards from you and screaming. Wouldn't you spare them a glance or two to see how bad it is?

I'm sorry but I can't understand why it should ever be acceptable for a professional to act unprofessionally. The players are played handsomely to do the job, yet they fail to paly to the whistle and then moan about the ref. They had the answer in their own hands.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I can't understand why it should ever be acceptable for a professional to act unprofessionally. The players are played handsomely to do the job, yet they fail to paly to the whistle and then moan about the ref. They had the answer in their own hands.

How? A guy is on the deck. Sheesh. Are they supposed to play over bodies and not care? How?

I have read five different sunday papers today and they all say that on the whole we outclassed Blackpool. They also said that we created a shed load of good chances compared to Blackpools one and that Rachubka their keeper was their salvation on many ocassion.

That does not sound like a serious worry to me, infact it all sounds rather optimistic. Forget the 3 points it's gone, lets focus on the positives and the other 40+ games to come.

I can also confirm that this was the case. Apart from the first 25 minutes when they outclassed us.

How? A guy is on the deck. Sheesh. Are they supposed to play over bodies and not care? How?

For the amounts they earn, yes.

Did Mattock really have a mare as a few of you have said?

Personally i disagree. One mishit back pass to the corner flag from an attacking position and one slip 5 minutes later and all of a sudden he's had a mare.

I though for the rest of the game he defended well and put some decent crosses in.

Must just be me......

Last edited:
Did Mattock really have a mare as a few of you have said?

Personally i disagree. One mishit back pass to the corner flag from an attacking position and one slip 5 minutes later and all of a sudden he's had a mare.

I though for the rest of the game he defended well and put some decent crosses in.

Must just be me......

Its just you...

What exactly is the monetary point where you feel you can set aside all empathy for those you care about?

Some way south of what they earn.

It wasn't as though he had been ****ing shot was it.

Do you not think footballers should be used to people getting injuries, little strains etc, do rugby players shit themselves as soon as a coleague picks up an injury.

Imagine if that goal was the difference between 6th and 7th place in the league on the last day, and our players stopped becuase little chambers had a wickle injury.

It wasn't as though he had been ****ing shot was it.

Do you not think footballers should be used to people getting injuries, little strains etc, do rugby players shit themselves as soon as a coleague picks up an injury.

Imagine if that goal was the difference between 6th and 7th place in the league on the last day, and our players stopped becuase little chambers had a wickle injury.

Oh stop it. The guy was lying there, his team-mates were trying to get some help for him. They were concentrating on that, rather than the game. Is that human? Or is this game inhuman? And should it be? Answers on a knackered foot, please.

Oh stop it. The guy was lying there, his team-mates were trying to get some help for him. They were concentrating on that, rather than the game. Is that human? Or is this game inhuman? And should it be? Answers on a knackered foot, please.

Exactly my point.

Do you mean 'humane' or 'inhumane'?

The referee was clearly aware of the injury and obviously felt that it was not serious enough to warrant him stopping the game immediately. Once he has made that decision, nothing is going to make him change his mind - no amount of protest will make any difference. That's why it is essential to play to the whistle; our players failed to do so - they have only themselves to blame.

You are right , Boc.

To be honest, I think it was less concern that Chambers was injured than the assumption that, as he was lying right in the critical area close to the goal, the ref would stop play. Most refs would, and even Grayson said he should have done. But that is still no excuse, especially given who the ref was and his usual eccentric behaviour up to that point.

Chambers was behind the play after he got injured. We still had at least three chances to whack that ball upfield or even out of play if his teammates cared that much about his injury, instead they pratted about and didn't clear it, and Blackpool capitalized on it.

I was shouting to put the ball in the stands but obviously my gob isn't loud enough!

Put it this way if it had of been the other way round I would have been commending us.

We had plenty of chances to clear the ball before it ended up going in.

Chambers was behind the play after he got injured. We still had at least three chances to whack that ball upfield or even out of play if his teammates cared that much about his injury, instead they pratted about and didn't clear it, and Blackpool capitalized on it.

I was shouting to put the ball in the stands but obviously my gob isn't loud enough!

Having sat close to you in various stadia, I have got to say that I am surprised to hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669