Post Match Arsenal 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just say I really hate reading 'we're going to win the league', maybe I'm superstitious in thinking that over-confident type of talk is setting is up for a fall but it annoys me all the same. We can take heart from today's performance again even though the result didn't go our way this time. Let's leave it at that, personally I think it will go right down to the wire and we've got three difficult fixtures to end with. I'm starting to think Spurs will win it....

...I'm starting to think Spurs will win it....

I think I'm with you on that. They're the only team that Leicester have played this year who I thought were genuinely better. The funny thing is if they do win it the "Man Utd want Pochettino" will start being bandied about by the press even more, be bit of a step down for him that.

I'm starting to think Spurs will win it....

Starting to think the same. Would much rather them win it than Arsenal or Man City if we end up falling short.

The Norwich game is incredibly important now to make sure that we bounce back from the disappointment of those final few seconds today. They're still shipping goals like there's no tomorrow so I'm confident we'll take 3 points.

Can I just say I really hate reading 'we're going to win the league', maybe I'm superstitious in thinking that over-confident type of talk is setting is up for a fall but it annoys me all the same. We can take heart from today's performance again even though the result didn't go our way this time. Let's leave it at that, personally I think it will go right down to the wire and we've got three difficult fixtures to end with. I'm starting to think Spurs will win it....

You can say it and you are definitely superstitious. But if we don't win the league it certainly won't be as a result of me saying we will.

Pretty certain United will end up with Mourinho but Chelsea wouldn't be out of the question, think they'd be hoping for a bigger name though and Pochettino will probably stay put. Personally don't like Spurs, maybe have slightly less hatred for them than any other of the big clubs. It will be them or us who wins it but I just think they've got a bit more mettle about them and that will become more apparent as the season nears it's end.

After the Citeh v Spurs game on television here in the states today, Arlo White asked his co-commentator Tim Howard who he thought would win the league. Howard didn't hesitate and said Leicester, he believes that they're more of a close knit team than the others.

Interesting, we've got a lot of backers at the professional level. Thierry Henry seems to have turned into a bit of a fan himself.

My point is that being a smaller club, we will not cope as well with the pressure that will increase as the games run out. Having said that, a number of this squad was with us in the Championship winning season and some even the League One season and so we do have the experience of seeing out a Championship run in, albeit at a lower level.

Having gotten over the initial disappointment at the first loss in a while I am now doubly sure that this is a special group of players who will take Leicester in to the Champions League for the first time either by winning the league or by finishing top 3.
There was a great performance in the offing for 50minutes today, with Schmeichel, Kante, Drinkwater, Albrighton, Morgan and Vardy playing really well. Vardy did well to win the penalty and even better to smash it way so confidently. If only he had the nod against Villa and Bournemouth we would be 6 points clear!
Unfortunately then, the game was changed by the red card. Simpson has got away with a few iffy challenges this season whilst booked and i suppose we can't have it all our own way for the whole season. Huth has had a few close things in recent games, if we remember, and so we can't be too upset about getting what was a pretty trigger happy decision.
After the sending off, we defended pretty well and would have got a great point but for a silly challenge by Wasilewski in the 95th minute.
In many ways, this defeat takes the pressure off because it means that the world and his wife will stop blowing smoke up our arses for 5 minutes and the players can focus on a game in 2 weeks time. Norwich will hopefully get the brunt of an annoyed Leicester side.
Id bring Amartey in at right back if he is up to fitness. largely as there is no one else!

We have 3 out of our next 4 games at home and against teams in the bottom regions of the table and so even with 1 'upset' we have a great opportunity to pick up heavy points between now and game 31.

UP

THE

FOXES

Complete agree Sparky!

Now I've gotten over the gutting way of how the game finished it's actually given me a lot of confidence.

We've been absolutely superb the last 3 games against quality opposition! This is a very very special Leicester team and I am enjoying watching it no end!

Well it's a chance for Amartey to come in and show what he can do against Norwich.

Indeed prof, Arsenal certainly were not all that. The sending off certainly shifted the momentum.

We need to be careful of our fouls - particularly away from home where the home fans are voiceferous.

Arsenal really were a bunch of whingers today.

Can I just say I hate reading this?

Defeatist.

I completely agree.

We are favorites to win the league right now. **** superstition. It is a fact. Any team with a two point lead with no direct title rivals left to play HAS to be favorites for the title.

There is absolutely no (footballing) reason to think that Spurs are favorites.

Maybe recall Benalouyne?

One important thing that we have shown throughout this season has been ability to learn from defeat, grow and mature as a team and build fresh momentum and I don't think it will be any different after this defeat. This result provides a timely reminder to the whole squad about discipline, as two crucial moments of rash judgement firstly cost us the chance of an historic win then secondly the opportunity of securing a point, this is something Ranieri will need to ensure is not repeated in the final weeks of the season as the pressure builds.

Most importantly we are still top with a 2 point lead, but with the media spotlight now shining brightly over North London, we can hopefully quietly go about our business of regrouping in preparation of a run of games, that if we show the same application, quality and ruthlessness as demonstrated throughout the season, should secure our champions league qualification and cement our participation in the race for the title for the remainder of the season.

Please tell me the Team has been spotted in East Midlands Airport ready for the off to the Sun for a week.Team building and fun with some light work will do them the world of good.Then Back with a Bang :)

Please tell me the Team has been spotted in East Midlands Airport ready for the off to the Sun for a week.Team building and fun with some light work will do them the world of good.Then Back with a Bang :)

They've all been given a week off to do their own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669