Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've signed some cracking players this summer - the likes of Joe Hart, Amr Zaki, Valeri Bojinov, Freddy Adu, Charlie Adam, Barry Robson, Darron Gibson, Jordan Rhodes etc but have lost the first two games of the season!

Arrrgh, so close!

I had my best Premiership season, finished on 83 points... but 2nd place, still 6 points behind Man City! :(

And got to the final of the CL, lost 1-0 to Valencia from a goal in the 121st minute! Gutted!

So still no trophies for me! :(

Still, at least finishing runner up in both things has put some good money into the coffers now! Hopefully get a decent transfer budget, as it's been crap the last couple of seasons, and a lot of my key players are 30ish now!

Last edited:
:038::038::038: I've just been bought by a Hungarian billionaire, got given a £150mil transfer budget this summer.

:038::038::038: I've just been bought by a Hungarian billionaire, got given a £150mil transfer budget this summer.

Ahhh! Jealous! lol

I got a takeover a couple of seasons back, but they're shit... put quite a bit of money in, in terms of bank balance, but give me less to spend than Meelan did! :(

Now my shitty new chairman, after 2/3 years at the club, his status is still "feels he will never leave the club of his own volition"... dammit... I don't even know what volition is, but wish I could give him some ;)

Only got this a few days ago and just settling into my first season as Leicester.

Henk Timmer - Free (much better than Weale)
Dan Gosling - Loan
Andy Van Der Meyde - Free
Henri Camara - Free

Just gave Ipswich a right good seeing to, 4-0 at Portman road. Even Super Steve came off the bench to score!

Andy Van Der Meyde is shite, his stats look good, but he is just shite.

Andy Van Der Meyde is shite, his stats look good, but he is just shite.

Very unfit and painfully slow. Takes a decent set piece but its hardly enough to redeem him, I'm on my way to the loan market for a new right winger.

Can't shift Campbell for love nor money.

I basically spent all this money from my billionaire investors on my defence which was my weak spot. My defence is now unbeatable and 12 games in and I'm already 7pts clear at the top of the Prem and only conceded 5 goals.

Can't seem to attack though, just keep beating teams 1-0. I have a 21 year old Northern Irish regen who has already has about 17 goals international and about 35 caps (been playing international since he was 16) up front who scores every game. He's fantastic! Signed him from Derry City for about £200k and he's been English young player of the Year past 2 seasons running.

I'm playing 4-3-1-2 atm, which is quite narrow, but it best suits the players I have. Idk whether to experiment with my style or not, because I'm currently grinding out results playing direct and aggressive football (I am Leeds after all), because I want to win more convincingly. I want to try an Arsenal style 4-2-3-1, but I'm already having trouble as it is trying to pick 3 central midfielders, let alone 2, as I have 4 brilliant ones. One of my strikers will happily drop back to an attacking midfield role, but the other attacking midfielder I would have to bring in for them would be pretty average.

Last edited:
Only got this a few days ago and just settling into my first season as Leicester.

Henk Timmer - Free (much better than Weale)
Dan Gosling - Loan
Andy Van Der Meyde - Free
Henri Camara - Free

Just gave Ipswich a right good seeing to, 4-0 at Portman road. Even Super Steve came off the bench to score!

Top of the pops after 9, W4 D4 L1.

I'm loving my first foray into the world of Football Manager.

I ended last season with something like a 10 game winning streak... yet start of this season, it's gone out the window! Won just 2 of my first 7... drawn 3 of my 4 home games, and lost 2 of my 3 away games...

I think I need to rejig my tactics/come up with a new one, but not sure what to do!

Completed my second season in the prem and almost at the end of my third. Finished 10th last season n currently 8th this season sign garay and sakho at the start of the season along with perrin and replaced my central midfield with lucas and agyei. managed to pick up carlos vela for 2.5 mill n hes now worth 10.5 mil n is currently leagues top scorer could do with replacing my left back and mayb 1 of my wingers but hopefully next season will be a title challenge

Last edited:
GAH! I hate playing ****ing Birmingham! They have a goalkeeper called Alex Smithies who seems to have a wonder game everytime I play them and I can't score past him or beat them for love nor money

GAH! I hate playing ****ing Birmingham! They have a goalkeeper called Alex Smithies who seems to have a wonder game everytime I play them and I can't score past him or beat them for love nor money

Alex Smithies is quality on FM - well worth picking up from Huddersfield at the start of the game.

I have a 21 year old Northern Irish regen who has already has about 17 goals international and about 35 caps (been playing international since he was 16) up front who scores every game. He's fantastic! Signed him from Derry City for about £200k and he's been English young player of the Year past 2 seasons running.

Make up your mind, is he English or Irish?

Pissing my second season in the Cahampionship, played 9, won 8, drawn 1.

Signed Danny Simpson, Faye, Cellestini, Ozkan and Mantorras.

I finally won the Prem with Leicester in 2021/22! To be honest it wasn't a massively impressive season, won the league with 75 points. Was very inconsistent, but thankfully so were the others!

Had won the FA Cup the 2 previous years.

Now trying to retain my title in more impressive fashion, and win the CL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669