Leicester 0 QPR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manager is clueless, about as much use a a pack of three to the pope!

Or, you can say nothing when we win (in the post match thread at least) and then come back out when we lose to say 'I told you so'?

There was hardly room to get a word in edgeways between those who were saying that all our troubles were over. They had their day of glory; now it's time for the realists.

what a differance 5 months/ 12 Games makes. 5th of April we beat QPR at home on a march to the play offs 4-0 and now (i know it's only 7 games) second from bottom, with strikers that can't score, defenders that can't defend and Midfielders that can only pass sidewards or back to the defence/keeper. These players don't go from good players challenging for the premiership to relegation fodder without a massive influance from Sousa. I heard his interview while driving back after the game and i haven't got a scooby what the hell he was talking about in his 7/8 min interview....which if he was English could have been told in 30 seconds without all the errrr's and pauses while thinking of an English translation, if i haven't got a clue what he's talking about how are the players ment to. He failed at QPR and Swansea and he's failing here. He's had long enough to get to know the players and their positions, changing the system and team every game is crazy these aren't friendlies to "get to know your players" He seems clueless. Yes we played well against Cardiff but i think it would have been a different story if Bellamy, Bothroyd and Chopra were playing. Never have been a fan of Foreign managers and never will be, they don't share the same passion as we do. Football under Pearson wasn't always pretty but god what i'd do to have him back now........and breathe!

Paulo's comments get worse. He has sent out a message to every team we play against that we cannot battle.

Early in Pearson's reign we got bullied by Millwall. Pearson praised Millwall for their tactics and made it clear that it was the players fault for allowing themselves to be bullied. I do not remember a Pearson team being bullied again.

This is not a nice sport like synchronised swimming or gymnastics. Your opponents are supposed to stop you playing. In the 1970s someone said:
"Technique is being able to do something on the training pitch; skill is being able to do it with Norman Hunter's boot up your arse."
The great Stan Cullis used to keep shouting at players: "I won't have cowards in my team."

To be fair to the players I did not think it was failure to battle that was the problem but if we have a manager who does not want us to battle then we are in real trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sousa could be in trouble with the FA if they hear about his post-match comments that the ref was dishonest (in relation to the non-award of the penalty).

And I wonder if the ref really did say that he "don't saw it".

that's rubbish he saw it and the only reason he didn't give it is because he saw a coming together rather than a foul

didn't see their goal ruled out because that was at the other end to me

QPR got their gameplan spot on get in our faces with a pressing game and as soon as we got the ball they put 9 men behind the ball

they were much better than cardiff and deserved their win

If we are gonna play 4-5-1 sousa needs to decide who the central striker is

Howard- Strong, good in the air
Grandma is quicker

Fryatt- Pacey but low on confidence

Waghorn- Not great with back to goal, but better in middle than out wide

N'guessan- Strong quick but inconsistent

Never have been a fan of Foreign managers and never will be, they don't share the same passion as we do.

Oh yes! Those ****ing Brazilians, Italians, Germans and Spanish they don't share the same passion as football as the English.

Wenger, Ancelotti, Mourinho, Benitez. Never done anything in the English game.

And as for those great English managers we've had from the past few years: Allen, Megson, Holloway, Kelly, what passion they showed! It doesn't matter that they were shit as they had passion!

These players don't go from good players challenging for the premiership to relegation fodder without a massive influance from Sousa.

This is what worries me most about the current regime. To me just seems that Sousa just does not get the best out of players. With the way things are going at the moment, it's quite conceivable that Fryatt could score about 4 goals all season. He just seems as shadow of the player he was over the past two seasons.

People don't just turn crap for no reason. To me, this is the main issue I have with Sousa, and that's what leads to me think he may just be a rubbish football manager.

IMO a dream team of Lineker and Shilton. THEY ARE LESTUR LADS SO THEY HAVE THE SAME PASSIUN WE DO!

I think everyone's got a bit carried away deciding how terrible we are. First off, we were brilliant against Cardiff midweek, so clearly the ability is there. Secondly, we lost to the best team in the league today, that's gonna happen.

I also think people slagging off all of Sousa's tactics are just wrong. Fryatt over Howard was only a mistake if the gameplan was lots of long balls (I very, very, very much doubt that it was). He's stuck with two absolute mongs as keepers, which he can hardly help, it's not his fault that Ikeme failed to notice that every single one of his aimless hoofs returned back within seconds. I can understand the switching of Dyer & Waghorn too, as Kyle Walker is not only quick, but strong, so Dyer's strengths were completely negated. He should have had far more success against Clint Hill, but a combination of him drifting inside all the time and him not getting enough of the ball meant that he didn't. Remember he played there against Reading and cut in to score a great goal too, so it wasn't completely random.

QPR played very well for the first 20 minutes, and it put us off our game completely. From that point on our passing was all over the place. The second goal was a massive **** up in defence, another thing that's hardly Sousa's fault. Sometimes we just have to accept that other teams will be better than us. I know we were poor overall today, but it's not the end of the world.

Another thing is that a few people are annoyed at him for not picking his new signings, but you have to remember that it's hard to just come over to a new country, and a new style of play and slot in straight away. Arsene Wenger still says that foreign players need 6 months at least before they reach their peak. Give them a chance to bed in!

I do agree that Howard should have come on earlier, I really don't know what other subs people are suggesting he should've made though.

It's strange for me to be a positive voice, but I just think there's a hell of a lot of overreacting going on.

what a differance 5 months/ 12 Games makes. 5th of April we beat QPR at home on a march to the play offs 4-0 and now (i know it's only 7 games) second from bottom, with strikers that can't score, defenders that can't defend and Midfielders that can only pass sidewards or back to the defence/keeper. These players don't go from good players challenging for the premiership to relegation fodder without a massive influance from Sousa. I heard his interview while driving back after the game and i haven't got a scooby what the hell he was talking about in his 7/8 min interview....which if he was English could have been told in 30 seconds without all the errrr's and pauses while thinking of an English translation, if i haven't got a clue what he's talking about how are the players ment to. He failed at QPR and Swansea and he's failing here. He's had long enough to get to know the players and their positions, changing the system and team every game is crazy these aren't friendlies to "get to know your players" He seems clueless. Yes we played well against Cardiff but i think it would have been a different story if Bellamy, Bothroyd and Chopra were playing. Never have been a fan of Foreign managers and never will be, they don't share the same passion as we do. Football under Pearson wasn't always pretty but god what i'd do to have him back now........and breathe!

some of his fanboys will be along saying he has no control on what they do on the pitch.

QPR are at the top of the league on merit. It appears that we gave them a decent game.
Cardiff were also there on merit due to the previous games.
I personaly believe we have had a dificult start to the season due to fixtures and of course the change in style. Of course I realise that football is a results business, but we do need to give the team a chance to cut there teeth with the new regime.
You may all sleep well in your beds tonight knowing that we are infact better than our league standing shows, and things are on the up.

QPR are at the top of the league on merit. It appears that we gave them a decent game.

Where have you got that idea from? QPR played us perfectly, completely tactically outclassed us. We never got close it scoring all game, it was all harmless long shots, Kenny had **** all to do. QPR put out a very competent and comfortable away team performance and won without ever really getting out of first gear.

Last edited:
Where have you got that idea from? QPR played us perfectly, completely tactically outclassed us. We never got close it scoring all game, it was all harmless long shots, Kenny had **** all to do. QPR put out a very competent and comfortable away team performance and won without ever really getting out of first gear.

Colin had us sussed, his team did what was needed, we're ****ed

Who would replace Sousa though ? Its a lose-lose situation at the moment. ARGGGH frustrating horrible season!

I hate to say this and it would upset me and a few others no end.......................
but if these new owners have the cash available circa £10m+ then why not get MON back. He would add to the crowd in numbers and get this bunch of halfwits playing.
Lets be honest I doubt he will ever get a big job again with his record of walking out on clubs, and he also likes to copy Clough where he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566